When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer worth it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lisetticamia

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello!!

Do you guys think this Western Flyer is worth $160? The chrome is bad, and wheels are shot. It would be to clean up , get new tires and resell.

Thanks for your help!

20180921_114025.jpg

First you need to know what you are looking at. That is POS made in the 90s to resemble a classic bike but is not a copy of anything WF ever sold. Turn and run--fast! V/r Shawn

Turn and run fast, LOL. The guy wanted $250 a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for helping me not get ripped off. The only thing I saw weird and newer was the saddle bracket that is black. What else gives it away?

A whole lot of stuff. Anytime you see reflectors on the wheels and pedals this is a good indicator it’s not 1950s. Also I believe the head badge on these says something like “Circa 1950” which no original bike would ever say. These bikes are well known in the hobby. I said it before but I’ll say it again. Before you spend your first nickel on a bicycle you need to spend a few hundred on books and read them. This can save you hundreds if not thousands down the road. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Wow this is great info for a beginner. Feel free to school me further and correct me if I'm wrong but..... I could tell something was wrong based on the seat and post.... Sure didn't look 1950s to me..... The pedal and wheel reflectors comment also make sense never see those or this newer style front reflector on an old bike either for that matter right? Also the head badge looks like a sticker. The gooseneck bolt seems to be incorrectly placed. Seems like it should have a chain tensioner. Not sure when the western flyer (Huffman built?) switched from skiptooth to half inch. There is no year or decade for that matter in the above listing .... The kickstand does not look right. The look of the seat cover is actually pretty well imitated here. This one on ebay for 500 dollars looks like a fake. https://www.ebay.com/itm/western-flyer/262071216222?hash=item3d04a9685e:g:ufoAAOSwsB9WCtr3. This one on eBay is a replica in Better shape for 98 dollars. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-We...ke-RED-Gas-Tank-Style-50s-1980s-/254116673796

Half that maybe for a bad repop. It needs wheels and tires, for $75 it may be worth your time.

Oh great i posted the ebay link for the 500 dollar repop and now it advertises on the bottom of the thread. Free advertising for this joker. Like they said,"dont buy". Especially don't buy then blame me.

Back