When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer X-53 Original

-
Your bike looks to be in top condition and a surprise the light is completely gone considering.
You stepped up, that's for sure, but if your smile is ear to ear, you did great.
Chris

I know why the light is gone. His grandfather put a basket on the bike....the light was taken off to make room for the basket. I'm sure it's in a box somewhere out there. What a shame!

Your x53 is a 1956 paint is black cherry and gold.They also had a red and gold.1957-58 were black and gold

Not quite.. No Christmas pudding for you!

'56 would be red and chrome. The Cherry color was used in '58 only on the X-53, then carried over to the deluxe middleweights in '59.

X-53 colors each year were as follows: -

'53-'55 Girls model: 2-tone Blue, white & gold trim, painted fenders and headlight.
'53-'54 Boys model: Black & Vermillion, white & gold trim, painted fenders and headlight.
'55-'56 Boys model (Girls model discontinued in '55:( Flamboyant Red & chrome with chrome fenders and headlight.
'57: Black & Flamboyant Gold.
'58: Flamboyant Cherry & Gold.

If the serial number on Christopher's bike checks out to be '56, I'll eat my shorts! :p

Last edited:
No Christmas pudding for you!

Rudi's right check the fork specs. I'd swear it looks more nosed in the pics than one the2finger posted which looks corrrect.

Always always always always check the line of the fork.

The 1958 Western Auto Christmas catalog. It shows the Cherry red and gold.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's 1965 new!

Back