When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer X 53 production

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi,
Anybody have photos of an early X-53 with painted fenders? I have one and it has several coats of old house paint on it. i see this thread is a year old and I am a newbe to CABE. I need a headlight too. Any one have one of those repops talked about in this thread or how do I contact Jerry Peters? Thanks so much for your time. Chuck

Here is my 53 maybe it will help you with the paint layout.

w1-1.jpg

w2-1.jpg

w3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Teisco, Thank you for the great photos. They are much needed by me. Chuck

Here is my 53 maybe it will help you with the paint layout.
w1-1.jpg

w2-1.jpg

w3-1.jpg

It looks like you need one of those scarce headlights too. Any ideas on where to get one of the repops? I bought one of the repop rear reflector housings.
Maybe that fellow can repop the light top.
Fantastic bike restoration. I hope mine turns out near as nice as yours.
Thanks again,
Chuck

I'll check mine and let you know.

Hey I won "Best Vintage Original" at a show and shine! Check out the trophy (totally made of bike parts)

I also won the "bicycle toss" a contest to see how far one could throw this old ten speed!

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 258
Stimsonite #15 reflector

Hey Wayne,
Just thought I would let you know that your X53 & Higgins Color Flow share the same Stimsonite #15 Reflector. Yours is horizontal & the Color Flow is verticle.
I figure that it might be easier to locate a ColorFlow Tombstone with the reflector than one for your WF...................Wayne

Thanks Chuck, I can take more as you get closer to paint. Forum member Tony did that resto and he is the best.

Back