When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer X 53

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bicycle Larry...I think I bought that fender!!!
i think you did ha ha !!!! you no i got thing i am a great one to talk!!!!! almose every bike i have restord i started with a frame and got fenders and tanks and redone the seats .i am doing the same right now ,building a nother monark up !!!!

The X-53 came with either Musselman, Bendix or Western Flyer hubs/brake arm.
20uwrd3.jpg

55ibec.jpg

The X-53 I got for Christmas was this color:
I’m in the process of putting one back together.
2mzaxl.jpg

Last edited:
Update, All apart and working on removing what appears to be 4 coats of paint. Frame is in nice condition just a few dings. After 5 days of soaking the head tube in penetrating oil was able to free the seized stem. Soak all the chrome in evapeorust that stuff is amazing. I will post more pics as i go thanks
20160927_095521.jpg
20160927_095549.jpg

I agree with just about everything here that has been posted and as long as you are going in eyes-wide-open and understand you will have about two or three times more in it than what its worth then I say go for it. The one thing I don't agree with is the ride quality of these things. I had one because I loved the styling but didn't like the ride. Most prewar bikes just have a much more solid ride. Of course that is just my opinion and I hope you enjoy your bike for what it is and the joy it brings to you because in the end that's all that counts. V/r Shawn

its yours do what u want,i like todays attitude of usung ones imagination to make it into a so cal crusier with light but kool detail light pieces,bikes when i grew up were made to increase ridability, we wanted to have the fastest,i like those style bikes,prolly brings me back alittle

Back