When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer X53 Headlight project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STOUT

Look Ma, No Hands!
Months ago I posted on here about trying to fit a repro Western x53 headlight top to a repro rocket ray base and was having some issues. I got alot of great feed back but as I am still trying to get the two to line up and I am still having issues. How much grinding needs to be done to the base to allow it to fit inside the top? Any suggestions or help out there?

So is the headlight for an X53 you own or do you only have the light?

I'm not sure what that question has to do with the fitment of the light? I will be taking mine apart this week to try and get a better fit as well because I may sell the bike. I'll let you know what I find out in regards to making it fit better. V/r Shawn

I'm not sure what that question has to do with the fitment of the light?

Has nothing to do with how to fit the light. I was just asking cause I'm on the hunt for some x53 parts, hoping that maybe he would be interested in getting rid of it. Wishful thinking.....:o

Has nothing to do with how to fit the light. I was just asking cause I'm on the hunt for some x53 parts, hoping that maybe he would be interested in getting rid of it. Wishful thinking.....:o

These repos occasionally pop up on Ebay. They were made by the Peters (Ebay user 33kong or 39elgin). You could also try contacting Jerry direct at 810-798-3158. V/r Shawn

I have the bike and all of the necessary parts. It appears and I have heard that the top section when recast shrinks and makes for difficulty when fitting to the base of a delta rocket ray instead of fitting perfectly. With costs being high for both pieces I really didnt want to just start grinding away so i was hoping someone might have done this before that could shed some light on the process they went through.

I may have a few extra parts here soon, but I am not sure what you are looking for.

X53 parts

I may have a few extra parts here soon, but I am not sure what you are looking for.

Looking for the rear fender reflector and emblem, front fender light, seat, rear fender and chain guard. Regardless let me know what parts you might get rid of. Might replace if they are in nicer condition than whats on it.;)

What parts do you think you might have? Oh! I forgot to include the back wheel on the parts list. This is what I have.....
9971636593_0b23f0f902_c.jpg

Back