When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western flyer x53 project

-

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
So I traded my kayak for this .... I love the look just need a chain and some new grease in everything do I have the right seat post ??? My seat mounting clamp doesn’t fit. Also the rear wheel is wobbly I think the bearings r missing?? Does any one have a front fender that matches my rusty bike ?? I wont b able to mess with it for a few days I’m going out of town what do u think it’s worth

5D7B9474-3B9B-402F-A9A7-4A6B74768F6E.jpeg

E7FF35B2-C8C4-4C8F-A051-D2FB8C0C18CC.jpeg

B59DA411-3C39-4FFD-8150-7D7C62AB9353.jpeg

383A7967-FA6C-48EF-B2E2-435575C5BCFB.jpeg

Nice not sure but chain guard is vary hard to fine have fun

It has the chainguard he needs a chain, front fender, and correct headlight. Fender shouldn't be too hard but headlight is a whole different story. Value depends on how solid that tank is. Unfortunately the chrome bill would be more than this bike is worth restored so I would just service and either refurbish or get a tetanus shot and ride as is. V/r Shawn

I paid $1000 for this one. I'd say it's in fair shape. Everything is original except tires and tubes. Cracked rear reflector and rusted beyond repair battery tray in tank. Original headlight, which seems to be fairly hard to find and quite expensive when found. I think I got it for a fair price. Replacing missing parts or broken and unusable pieces will increase the build cost dramatically. They are certainly cool bikes though.
20200217_181119.jpg

That's a good question. I don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet other Murray balloon tire bikes with springer forks from the same era used the same fender. Mine does have two small holes where the screws for the headlight go through.

Your seat is a post 1980 Pearson probably from a brand without a step down seat post.

Cool bike for sure. I almost bought this from Kyle but already have too many bikes. His asking price was fair.

Back