When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western flyer x53 project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Take it apart and give it a bath in OA (oxalic acid). It will remove all the rust and will leave bare metal where no paint exists any longer and will also expose what paint is left. Find the parts you need and ride the heck out of it!

It’s pretty beat for a oa bath I think a lot of the chrome is peeled I got it to clean the bearings mabe a couple accessories to make it my own and ride it I love the crusty rusty look of it I’m kinda torn about wiping it down in oil cause it will make it darker but also bring some colors out but I like the way it looks now any recommendations to keep the look of rust but preserve it so it doesn’t get worse ??

I think it will be cool. I'm discovering that mine definitely has some chrome issues. I'm carefully trying to bring back some shine but it's only going to come back so much. I'm also interested in some options for preserving it once I'm done cleaning. Lots of people say a good wax will do the trick. Whatever you decide to do it's going to be a sweet ride. In my opinion, it's hard to beat the x53 style.

@Billythekid spray it in Polyurethane ; decide what kinda shine you want ; Gloss, Semi-Gloss & or Matte. This was rusted using Salt, Vinegar & Peroxide sprayed 'til it was the color I wanted. Use a Heavy Coat of Polyurethane but NOT so thick you get runs

20190823_181937.jpg

It keeps it from Rusting so quick & preserves the crust you have. I would recommend it every 6 months or so IF it's left outside a lot in the rain

Sweet score love the patina , i would keep it just as is just service the bike & enjoy it , great find !

Back