When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer X53

-

GMANHOUSTON

Look Ma, No Hands!
Here is my Western flyer X53 Project. It is about 90% done now just waiting on wheel restoration and some new rubber.
I had it rechromed and painted. I did add my own twist to the chainguard dubbing it "El Mariachi"

Attachments

• Partial.jpg
    Partial.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 276
  • ipodapr18984.jpg
    ipodapr18984.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 235
  • ipodapr18985.jpg
    ipodapr18985.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 228
  • ipodapr18986.jpg
    ipodapr18986.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 187
  • wf1.jpg
    wf1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 186
  • wf2.jpg
    wf2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 197
  • wf3.jpg
    wf3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 197
  • wf4.jpg
    wf4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 192
Your Western Flyer X53 just took me back to Christmas of 1953. That's when I received my X-53 @ Western Auto Stores.. It was gold & red with
chrome fenders. I remember that the red had a "metallic" cherry red . I remember my father had to reverse the bike stem so I could reach the
handlebars. Retail was about $75 , which was a lot back then! Thanks for posting your bicycle.

Thanks guys! I cannot wait to get it done and start riding it.. Soon very soon! I'll post a pic once it's done.

Looking great G, looks like you'll have it ready for Saturday night's ride!

Hello Mrs Cleaver, my that's a lovely dress. Might I impose upon you and borrow Theodore's X53?

No borrowing.. I am sleeping with my hand on this one!! :)
Dave, I am hoping! Besides, whats cinco de mayo without a mariachi?

Back