When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cat67

On Training Wheels
Was given this western flyer yesterday by the original owner. He’s too old to ride it and it looks like he never rode it. Any idea what year it is?

Have more pics

F7B0F61F-0B7E-4901-8C08-F3D13CC423BB.jpeg

Mid ‘70s bike. Not much collector value but will be an ok rider. V/r Shawn

I agree with Mr. Monkeyarms on 1973 as a date of manufacture. There should be some serial numbers stamped on the left hand side of the headtube that will give you a better idea. You can use the Murray serial number project information posted here. Collectible beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, as I think this bike is awesome. I just picked up a Kmart All-Pro labled '72 Murray made "lightweight" 3 speed at the bike show in Hurst, Tx. I'm currently overhauling and detailing it, and I'll post pictures when it is done. I used a good quality chrome cleaner on my bars and stayed away from anything abrasive. This isn't Schwinn chrome and the "flash" plating is easily scratched. Congrats on your cool find!

Back