Westfield Columbia G519 MG119128

Discussion in 'Military Bicycles' started by Mercian, Mar 14, 2017.

1. #21 Posted Mar 18, 2017

Cruisin' on my Bluebird

I can't read anything on the pedals but I believe they are Torrington 8's , possibly post war ones though because of the speed nuts. I'm not sure on that but they are identical to the pedals on my Marine MC Columbia with the exception of these nuts.

Would this bike have had rubber or wood blocks?

Also, I have an original Military fork truss rods with upper and fender bracket set. The fender bracket is identical to the one I have but the truss rods have a slightly different bend. I'm thinking the fork a truss rods were replaced at some point keeping the fender bracket. If so I just have to pick up a 40's Westfield forged crown fork.

2. #22 Posted Mar 18, 2017

Finally riding a big boys bike

Hey Ken,
    Nice score. I agree that The pedals are a later replacement. The Torrington 8's on the g519's would be marked as such. They would have the regular nuts holding the block bolts on. And I would believe that based on the serial # and straight bar model this would have had the wooden blocks.
    The fork is a replacement. I think that the truss rod might be original but was bent to work with the new fork.
    I do have a period correct girls length fork. It is in need of some tlc. It would need to be cut down but it would be correct. If you want it I would donate it to your build.
    Congrats again on the bike.
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 izee2, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    MrColumbia likes this.
  3. #23 Posted Mar 18, 2017

Cruisin' on my Bluebird

I am interested in the fork, email me at mrcolumbiaman@yahoo.com. The pedal blocks and seat are covered now so things are lining up for this build.