When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield-Columbia

-

57pack

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello, New to the group and thank you for the add!
I was given a 1937 Westfield 26” girls bicycle by neighbors would said it belonged to the grandmother.
I put the bike back together and functional. Had to chisel the petrified original tires of the rims! New tubes, liners, and tires. A good cleaning and some oil and it’ll be very nice.
I was wondering if there may be a tank available for the bike? I’ve seen photos on the internet with small tank installed.
Any leads on one would be greatly appreciated!

7862D005-3BBA-4969-BA85-8EC282169F16.png

Hi , the photo I posted in the previous post isn’t mine. I apologize for forgetting to mention the photo was for a reference as to the tank I’d like to find.

The Bike I’m working on is very similar to the one in the photo. I believe the photo to be a 1941 and mine is a 1937 model.

By fitting, I was referring to the case when the notches in the tank might not coincide with the support bar between the main tubes.
The existing notches might have to be elongated (or new notches might have to be cut away) if they do not line-up.
Since the holes may mostly be hidden by the 1" tubes, fitting might work.
One key dimension might be the height of the head tube.

Maybe another member may have experience on whether such repos are ever a "drop-in" accessory or not.
I'll have to double-check my 1932-K; don't recall if I tested the fit on that frame, (probably I did and it didn't).

Last edited:
Sounds like you sourced a tank...if there are issues, I may have one available...

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Hello, Yes, thank you. I believe Lester has one available. If things get mucked up, I’ll be in touch. Thanks for the reply!

Back