When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield compax

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m no Mr Columbia but I’d say a 42
Is it worth anything?
20190407_082625.jpg

Resized_20190407_074443_7490.jpg

I’m no Mr Columbia but I’d say a 42
20190407_082625.jpg

Resized_20190407_074443_7490.jpg

Hi Kerri,

G33437, J2. This is a model F92L compax. The frame was made in February 1942.

I don't value bikes, it can cause trouble when you value it at more or less tan the owner thinks.

At first glance it is missing the correct chainguard and front sprocket, and there appears to be something odd about the folding mechanism on the frame, although it may just be the angle the sleeve is at to the camera. It is also not the reinforced 'Military' version. It does seem to have the original folding handlebars, which is a positive point. The rack is off something else.

An interesting bike, thanks for showing it.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
It is most definitely a early 1942 Compax. The full Columbia chain guard and the Columbia Kidney Bean style chain ring (both probably from 1941 stock) although not normally seen on the Compax appear to be original to this bike and may very well be since bike companies in early 1942 were using up available supplies of stock parts in preparation for wartime bicycle restrictions.

Regards,
Bill

Hi

As everyone else has stated, it's a prewar model made early during the war. I doubt the luggage rack came on it from the factory. The front sprocket and chain guard are period correct but not seen on the Compax so it's unclear if it came that way. Your frame is bent on the top rear stay. The original folding bars are worth more than the rest of the bike in it's present condition.

Hi all,

yes, it's a fair comment about parts at this time not always following what you'd expect to see, due to the war.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back