When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Davega Girl Tank Paint Scheme

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
This 1940 Westfield Davega bike has original paint, but missing tank. I'm thinking of buying an off-color tank and patina-painting it to match. Problem is that I've never seen the paint scheme for this tank. Nor have I ever seen the bike's dart scheme on Columbia branded or Westfield branded bikes, so I suspect that the scheme of the tank was also different than tanks of those other brands. Anyone have an image of a Davega girl with original tank and this paint scheme...or any other Westfield-made brand with tank and this paint scheme?

Davega Girl.jpg

Last edited:
This 1940 Westfield Davega bike has original paint, but missing tank. I'm thinking of buying an off-color tank and patina-painting it to match. Problem is that I've never seen the paint scheme for this tank. Nor have I ever seen the bike's dart scheme on Columbia branded or Westfield branded bikes, so I suspect that scheme of the tank was also different. Anyone have an image of a Davega girl with original tank and this paint scheme...or any other Westfield-made brand with tank and this paint scheme?

View attachment 959788
Davega was a sporting goods store from NY. Not Shure but this beauty came without tank .

Davega was a sporting goods store from NY. Not Shure but this beauty came without tank .
Hey, Manuel. Yes, I also have a boys Davega. I kinda like the NYC connection. About the tank, I'm not 100% sure either, but considering it came equipped with skirt guard, chain guard, rack (probably, although the one in the picture is a post war Westfield rack, pretty sure not original), fender light and truss rods, as well as the indicative scratches on head tube and down tube of frame, I'm leaning towards a tank also. Looking for confirmation!

Last edited:
Hey, Manuel. Yes, I also have a boys Davega. I kinda like the NYC connection. About the tank, I'm not 100% sure either, but considering it came equipped with skirt guard, chain guard, rack (probably, although the one in the picture is a post war Westfield rack, pretty sure not original), fender light and truss rods, as well as the indicative scratches on head tube and down tube of frame, I'm leaning towards a tank also. Looking for confirmation!
Now I see the scratches on the head tube, I wasn't wearing my glasses LOL! I agree, most likely that lady came with a tank. I owned several Westfield's and I never seen that paint scheme before awesome bike!

The paint scheme was shown in the Westfield catalogs. The 50 series bikes were a line below the standard series bikes. This is from the 1941 Westfield catalog, I'll have to look to see if I've got a 40. But I think this shows the tank detail that was most likely used on your Davega.

image (9).jpeg_new_new_new.jpg

The paint scheme was shown in the Westfield catalogs. The 50 series bikes were a line below the standard series bikes. This is from the 1941 Westfield catalog, I'll have to look to see if I've got a 40. But I think this shows the tank detail that was most likely used on your Davega.
From a fellow Michigander, fantastic info....just the confirmation I was hoping for! Thanks, Chris. And please don't knock yourself out looking for the 1940 catalog, as this 41 image is plenty close enough for me. I'm probably going to buy a mismatched tank and have it patina painted to match this lady. Let me know if you can recommend any good painters over here in SE MI.

Back