When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Davega

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I appreciate the pics. That bike had beautiful patina. The badge same as on my red 1936 in pic above, just mine has much less paint remaining. You think the aluminum fenders and horn light were original from Westfield?

The fenders were original to the bike. The rear fender still had the Westfield 60th anniversary decal (1877-1937). The horn light I added, the front fender had the ferrule for the conduit to the tank. I used an aluminum one cuz it's what I had. It's possible that the bike may have had the torpedo style horn light that was exclusive to Westfield and debuted in 37.

It did have a nice look to it but I couldn't save the paint. Originally it was an Azure blue that matched the pinstripes on the fenders.
image (8).jpeg

I had to go to google to find a pic of mine lol! It's a Westfield, and was made for 28" rims. Just sitting on triple steps in the pic. For anyone that doesn't know, McNamara was an Australian bike racer in the teens/20s.
Davega Reggie.jpg

That reminded me that I had a picture of McNamara in my album of 33-35 ads.
image (9).jpeg

And another 1934 Davega catalog page.
image (10).jpeg

I had to go to google to find a pic of mine lol! It's a Westfield, and was made for 28" rims. Just sitting on triple steps in the pic. For anyone that doesn't know, McNamara was an Australian bike racer in the teens/20s.

Adam, I remember seeing this bike here on the Cabe as I looked for other Davegas. Not many of them here on this site

That reminded me that I had a picture of McNamara in my album of 33-35 ads.
And another 1934 Davega catalog page.

cds, in the early 20th century, Iron Mac was among the top 3 or 4 best paid athletes in the country. His life story, along with the story of the Davega department stores in NYC, are two of the reasons I've grown attached to these bikes. Again, I've seen ads for Schwinn-mades and Monark-mades, but never seen one of those bikes, neither pics nor in person. The Westfields seem to be somewhat rare, but survivors of those other two don't seem to appear at all here on Cabe.

Back