When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Flying Merkel Badges ?

-

famousDave

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can anyone tell me how long Westfield used the Flying Merkel badges, both the rectangular one and the later round one ? Considering building up 1933 Westfield, but post-Miami Merkel information seems to be nearly non-existant......

I'd say from 1923 to the late 30s.
P1014317.JPG

That is very touchy around here. No will expose the top secret info... like hole spacing or related info..... :0

Ok, does anybody have an oval badge example, and can we confirm a year on it ?
Well Catfish posted an example above so that could be measured. I have no idea how long they used the FM badge but they used the Racycle brand into the 50s. My gut says for '33 it would be the round badge. Sorry I can't help more but my interest was solely in the Miami built FMs. V/r Shawn

Well Catfish posted an example above so that could be measured. I have no idea how long they used the FM badge but they used the Racycle brand into the 50s. My gut says for '33 it would be the round badge. Sorry I can't help more but my interest was solely in the Miami built FMs. V/r Shawn
That makes sense, condidering that by 33' most of the Westfield brands seem to have horizontal badge mounting holes, as opposed to the vertical holes of the earlier badge.

Back