When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield? Lots of questions.

-

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Latest bike, camel back, thought to be Columbia. Serial D15721, no headbadge, of course. The fork doesn't look at all like my other Columbia (serial D37040). Headbadge mounting holes are offset like Columbia, but the badge on the one I have will not line up, neither will a Westfield headbadge I have. Photos to follow....

As bought..
columbia camel back.jpg
IMG_2441.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2469.JPG
IMG_2470.JPG
IMG_2471.JPG
IMG_2472.JPG
IMG_2473.JPG
IMG_2474.JPG
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG

Photos #3 and 4 show the blue paint under where a badge would have been. Photos #6, 7, 8 are the fork on the motorbike Columbia I have. Photo #9, 10, 11 are the fork that came with this bike. Note on photo #11 that there is no hole for mounting a front fender.. Photo #12 I tried to show the spacing for the head badge.

Any input greatly appreciated!!

@MrColumbia

Mike

Additionally to the above, the chain ring is POPE stamped like the Columbia I have.

Mike

Columbia since it’s not a motorbike that would be the right fork. Looks like you just need the badge.

The thing that bothers me the most is the round shouldered top of the fork. Most of the Columbia's I can find of that vintage have the flat top.

Mike

Here's a photo of a very similar bike posted on the CABE by dfa242 on Aug. 24, 2014, a Columbia Junior. Similar frame shape, same rear drop outs. The fork is very different from the one I have.

Columbia fork.jpg

Hi Mike, I have the reverse problem. My forks say westfield. I have forks like what you say, but the chainring is Shelby and the HB holes are like yours. Sent you a PM.
dave

Back