When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield wartime questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

all riders

Finally riding a big boys bike
About 15 years ago I had a wartime(ww2) Westfield that was a civilian model with blackout hubs but otherwise normal paint scheme and, I think, a tank.(sold that bike right here on The CABE). Anyhow, I believe this same model was made for some years before and after the war. Is there a name for that bike(f95?) . It seems a common enough bike, but I rather like them and I'm wondering (1) how hard is it to find one now(wartime or not). (2)what kind of price range is the current market(maybe something with visible original paint but not great---or whatever you can speak to) (3) same questions but wartime specific. Thanks for your help, everyone.

Hi, @all riders

Something like this (not mine)?

It looks like a good project, and wheels are not hard to find.

If not, what was similar, what was different.

Best Regards,

Adrian

That's a single bar. The one I'm talking about is double and usually has truss rods. The model was used by the military(maybe slight difference in the down tube of mil. vs civilian). Thanks, P.S. Ithink it is the model that takes the tank that is listed 100 times on ebay(repops)--the medium-long with bend at tail end.

Last edited:
Hi @all riders

OK, that helps.

As a wartime one, then a tank would not have been fitted, in order to save steel.

@Krakatoa (Nate) has one exactly like your photo (IMHO a nicer example) here:

I have done business with Nate on several occasions and can recommend him.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @all riders

OK, that helps.

As a wartime one, then a tank would not have been fitted, in order to save steel.

@Krakatoa (Nate) has one exactly like your photo (IMHO a nicer example) here:

I have done business with Nate on several occasions and can recommend him.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank you, Nate has already given me a lot of helpful information and seems intimately familiar with these bikes.

Back