When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WF Buzz Bike Eliminator \ Schwinn Sting Ray

-

steve1970

On Training Wheels
Hi all, first time post. A few years ago I came across an old WF buzz bike and snapped it up since it reminded me of the muscle bike I had when I was a kid. Recently I was going thru old photos and came across a few pictures of my original bike, well apparently I had a schwinn stingray and not a WF buzz bike. Thing is though, after toying around with this bike and then finding those pictures I've became a little nostalgic and would like to trade\sell the buzz bike for a stingray. Anyways, I am on the lookout for a yellow j38 stingray, not sure what year but from what I can tell it was 71-74 with coaster brakes. If you have one you would like to trade or sell just let me know. Also, what's a buzz bike going for these days? This one is blue, lol - it even has spoke reflectors right out of a cereal box. I will upload pics and more info if any interest if found. Thanks! Steve

Hi all, first time post. A few years ago I came across an old WF buzz bike and snapped it up since it reminded me of the muscle bike I had when I was a kid. Recently I was going thru old photos and came across a few pictures of my original bike, well apparently I had a schwinn stingray and not a WF buzz bike. Thing is though, after toying around with this bike and then finding those pictures I've became a little nostalgic and would like to trade\sell the buzz bike for a stingray. Anyways, I am on the lookout for a yellow j38 stingray, not sure what year but from what I can tell it was 71-74 with coaster brakes. If you have one you would like to trade or sell just let me know. Also, what's a buzz bike going for these days? This one is blue, lol - it even has spoke reflectors right out of a cereal box. I will upload pics and more info if any interest if found. Thanks! Steve
Too bad pick up only

Need pics, Buzz bikes are all over the place $ wise. Stingrays and Buzz bikes are not apples to oranges.

Need pics, Buzz bikes are all over the place $ wise. Stingrays and Buzz bikes are not apples to oranges.
Here's a few pictures, it's in pretty good shape, the seat is flawless and it even came with WF gen\light. I see what you mean regarding these vs stingrays... wow. Seems a trade is not in the cards lol, it would be nice to sell this and put it towards one anyways. =) I am uncertain of the year. I found a thread in these forums about decoding Murray serial numbers but from what I am seeing I don't believe it applies to these bikes. I can't find any info for the most part on these bikes, what years they were made and how to determine it. Any help figuring out the year and a ballpark price would be really appreciated. The numbers I found were vertically on the head tube (W02766 37103868).

IMG_3030.JPEG

IMG_3032.JPEG

IMG_3033.JPEG

IMG_3035.JPEG

IMG_3036.JPEG

IMG_3044.JPEG

IMG_3050.JPEG

SN.jpg

Here's a few pictures, it's in pretty good shape, the seat is flawless and it even came with WF gen\light. I see what you mean regarding these vs stingrays... wow. Seems a trade is not in the cards lol, it would be nice to sell this and put it towards one anyways. =) I am uncertain of the year. I found a thread in these forums about decoding Murray serial numbers but from what I am seeing I don't believe it applies to these bikes. I can't find any info for the most part on these bikes, what years they were made and how to determine it. Any help figuring out the year and a ballpark price would be really appreciated. The numbers I found were vertically on the head tube (W02766 37103868).

View attachment 1716554

View attachment 1716555

View attachment 1716556

View attachment 1716557

View attachment 1716558

View attachment 1716559

View attachment 1716560

View attachment 1716561
What does brake arm read? Bendix 70? Nice clean bike.

Back