When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WF X53- need help correctly identifying year and correct colors

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GMANHOUSTON

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can I get some help on correctly identifying the year and correct colors for this x53. I am looking to start a complete restoration and want to get it all correct.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

ipod apr 18 986.jpg
ipod apr 18 983.jpg
ipod apr 18 984.jpg
ipod apr 18 985.jpg

The research I have done Makes it 1958.

Then there are many threads on this site about the x53.

Looks to me like your complete restoration on this bike is done already! It's one year only with this color and you have an original paint bike! With the light! Polish it up change the pedels
My personal opinion is don't repaint, buy one with out original paint for full restore.

Cool I was skeptical about the colors because it does have overspray on different parts of the bike as if it were painted and not taped up. I have never seen this color combo so thought maybe it was changed at some point. Cool info, glad to hear this!

I agree don't restore this bike. Unless you do your own paint and chrome you'll be into this for at least 1k if you're doing it right. Give this bike a careful cleaning, lube everything, and enjoy the 55 years of patina! Jus my 2c. v/r Shawn
The research I have done Makes it 1956 take a look at this. http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/bicycle1248/4481.htm

Then there are many threads on this site about the x53.

Looks to me like your complete restoration on this bike is done already! It's one year only with this color and you have an original paint bike! With the light! Polish it up change the pedels
My personal opinion is don't repaint, buy one with out original paint for full restore.

x53

Looks too nice to restore. I wouldn't dare alter that bike, correct the minor issues and leave it as is a GOOD survivor!

Back