When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with this HUGE BELL on a recent 1899 Iver Johnson Roadster find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is a Clear the Road Alarm. Here is a ad from a 1920's Hub Catalog
Scan0015 - Copy.jpg

It is a Clear the Road Alarm. Here is a ad from a 1920's Hub Catalog
View attachment 808929

WOW!! I can not believe you have actually solved this mystery totally bicyclerNY !! Not only is the pic you posted the exact bell, but the small "cord attachment" piece is also still on the bike. Absolutely incredible. In the catalog you have is any manufacturer noted? Thanks so much for your post. Pete in Fitchburg

Very Cool.... so does that make it just a regular bell or was it used as a lap bell as suggested by another cabe member who has one?

Very Cool.... so does that make it just a regular bell or was it used as a lap bell as suggested by another cabe member who has one?

Hi filmonger,
Speaking only for myself, I doubt if the bell on my bike was ever used as a "lap" bell as I know the history of the bike and where it spent its life, and its life was spent on an island in Maine. It was probably bought and installed by the owner for a reason that had absolutely nothing to do with velodrome racing. Pete in Fitchburg

Cool - Great to have some background. Regular ( Loud - I assume ) Bell it is!! Isn't the cabe great - Love it.

Back