When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your prefered (new) S7 tire?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dizzle Problems

Finally riding a big boys bike
I currently have original Schwinn Westwimds ony ‘64 middle weight, but because of some cracking, I decided I’d get some new rubber for it.
I ordered a set of what seems to be the most common offering-
56B0BAFD-EC8F-4B55-9F2B-175B09F77BA3.jpeg

And was pretty disappointed when they arrived. They are very thin and seemed too narrow. I mounted one on another s7 and compared to the original. They were indeed a bit narrower. Bout a 1/4 inch or so.
There seems to be two other tread patterns currently on the market-
5175FDB2-580C-437D-A683-2EDF1EE24F3F.jpeg

1D1BFF12-1791-466D-AD04-C4E89DC84EA6.jpeg

(All three in black or white wall)
I noticed that In some cases, they were listed as s7 ‘street’ or s7 ‘cruiser’. The ‘street’ seemed to be listed as 26 x 1 3/4, where as the ‘cruiser’ listed as 26 x 2 x 1 3/4.
I ordered a pair of the last pictured as they were labeled cruiser and 2 x 1 3/4. I am hoping the inflate a lil ‘fatter’ then the first pair.

What are your experiences and preferences for S7 wheels? (Currently on the market, I prefer OG too)

The CS tire looks and is probably the largest (looking) S-7 tire you can get today. Aggressive truck tread at the sidewalls fills in at the fenders more with a flatter profile. Kenda 26 x 1 3/4 look like crap! and the 26 x 2 x 1 3/4 is the only Kenda I'll use. I like the repop Westwinds but those are very pricey.
All three are still available. Here's the CS tire, imitation of the Goodyear tread.

1549138958100.png

Kenda 26 x 2 x 1 3/4
Vette & Vette 005.JPG

Recently got some "Duro" white walls for my Spaceliner. Ended up getting a Strato Flyer, and put them on those wheels. I'm not sold on how thin the White wall is compared to the original tires . ( Pic 1 ) If the Kenda tires have a wider white wall , I would use those over these (Duro)tires. I Like the brick pattern . I also like the pattern in pic 3 (on the original post ) . Had them on my Colson, and on a Spartan currently. I just wish the originals would survive "Better". I still need to replace the Spaceliner tires, as the recently purchased pair are now part of the new bike. The originals had weak spots and were repaired before I got the bike. P.S. I dig the trad pattern on those original Allstate Safety Tires. ( Pic 4 ) Pic 3 are the Duro tire tread. They were advertised as 26" X 1.75"

DSCF0697.JPG

DSCF0702.JPG

DSCF0706.JPG

DSCF0707.JPG

DSCF0699.JPG

Recently got some "Duro" white walls for my Spaceliner. Ended up getting a Strato Flyer, and put them on those wheels. I'm not sold on how thin the White wall is compared to the original tires . ( Pic 1 ) If the Kenda tires have a wider white wall , I would use those over these (Duro)tires. I Like the brick pattern . I also like the pattern in pic 3 (on the original post ) . Had them on my Colson, and on a Spartan currently. I just wish the originals would survive "Better". I still need to replace the Spaceliner tires, as the recently purchased pair are now part of the new bike. The originals had weak spots and were repaired before I got the bike. P.S. I dig the trad pattern on those original Allstate Safety Tires. ( Pic 4 ) Pic 3 are the Duro tire tread. They were advertised as 26" X 1.75"

View attachment 941984

View attachment 941992

View attachment 941993

View attachment 941994

View attachment 942012

The Schwinn S-7 rim is not the same size as other middleweight rims and your choice of today's tires is very limited, only four choices available today.

The Schwinn S-7 rim is not the same size as other middleweight rims and your choice of today's tires is very limited, only four choices available today.
Depressing isn't it ? My girlfriends bike needs tires as well . She does have the S-7 rims at 26" X 1.75" hers may not last long.

IMG_20181223_173644198.jpg

The CS tire looks and is probably the largest (looking) S-7 tire you can get today. Aggressive truck tread at the sidewalls fills in at the fenders more with a flatter profile. Kenda 26 x 1 3/4 look like crap! and the 26 x 2 x 1 3/4 is the only Kenda I'll use. I like the repop Westwinds but those are very pricey.
All three are still available. Here's the CS tire, imitation of the Goodyear tread.

View attachment 941980

Kenda 26 x 2 x 1 3/4
View attachment 941983
Thank you. This is the answer I was hoping for. I was between these two. I chose the CS, but I do like the tread of the 2 x 1 3/4 on that corvette. At almost twice the weight, it looks as if the CS may be a thicker/ more tread tire.

Back