When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the correct design of GRIPS for a 1941 Roadmaster?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
I need a photo of the correct GRIPS for a 1941 Boys Roadmaster so I can complete my bike....PLEASE post if you have such an image. I put on Elgin grips, but I'd like to do it right....I just don't know if they should be coke bottle, or?
Thanks for any help fellow collectors,

Mike Siddons.........riding with Cyclone Coaster bike group.
[email protected]
IMG_1980 My 41 Roadmaster.jpg

Wow, nice painted long guard. The whole bike is spectacular; color scheme is very unique too. Get some reflector coke bottles. You can never go wrong with them on a prewar ballooner and that's what I have on my '38 Zep.

Love this bike! Is the paint all original? Is the chainguard original to the bike as well? I love this paint scheme!

This bike belongs to a buddy of mine. It is a postwar bike (I believe he said it was a '47 or '48). He got it from the original owner and is supposedly all original. It is sporting coke bottles as well. :D

20130403_185358_786_zps25b31eb0-1.jpg

This bike belongs to a buddy of mine. It is a postwar bike (I believe he said it was a '47 or '48). He got it from the original owner and is supposedly all original. It is sporting coke bottles as well. :D

20130403_185358_786_zps25b31eb0-1.jpg

Is that a 47 or 48 chrysler to match the bike

Orig paint

Love this bike! Is the paint all original? Is the chainguard original to the bike as well? I love this paint scheme!

Yes, the paint is original, and I keep a coating of WD 40 on it and that keeps it safe and better-looking. Ya just have to be sure not to wear light-colored shorts cause it can get messy.

I bought this from a fellow down in San Diego maybe 9 years ago. His name is something like Igor, nice fellow. He said he auctions off bike collections for sellers.

Mike Siddons

Beginning in the 1939 Catalog, CWC started depicting the top tier models with pointed streamlined grips. In the 1941 catalog the ”A” and the “B” level (like yours) bikes are shown so equipped while the “C” level models sport coke bottle grips on the boy’s models and short ball end grips on girl’s and juvenile bicycles. All of the grips are pictured in black rubber and the coke bottle grips are plain end rather than jeweled.

Back