When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the differences between the red, yellow, and blue 2 speed kick back hubs ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
D

dinosaurdoctor

I would like to have a 2 speed kick back for my Schwinn American. Are there differences in gearing or other features between the various colored hubs ?

Thank you,

Wayne

1)red band .75 first gear second gear 1 to 1 with a plate or new departure typ break best bet more durable 2)yellow band same as red but with shoe typ break 3)blue overdrive first gear is 1 to 1 second gear is 1.25 to 1 shoe breaks like the yellow band the red band is best if you are over 175 lbs. yellow mands tend to split the case if over taxed blue band was ment for 20" bikes like sting rays

Thanks for the info Tony D--I did not know about the Blue band being for 20 " bike. Will also keep in mind about my weight(not 175lbs) lol thanks for watching our waist line.

That about answers it THANK YOU for all the help.

Have a happy and safe 4th.

Back