When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the known prewar bike registries and who are the caretakers?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oskisan

I live for the CABE
Does anyone know what prewar bike registries have been created, and who the current caretakers of them are?

These are the ones I am aware of:

Nick Baxter had a 38 Bluebird registry going for a while
Sean (freqman1) had a Roadmaster Supreme Bugeye registry
I Believe Aaron (ratrodz) started a 26x and flowcycle registry
Ed (catfish) had started a pre 38 bluebird registry and has extensive knowledge on many of them
Chris (robertriley) started a twin60 registry
Mike (fordmike65) has the Colson Vogue registry
Mike (fordmike65) has the Colson Imperial registry

Who are the curent caretakers of the above registries (excluding Mike's as he is the current care taker)?
Any others ? Shelby speedline, no nose Airflows? Hiawatha Arrows? Aerocycles? Bowdens?

Last edited:
It may be nice to consolidate this information so we can keep it a living breathing document moving forward.

Last edited:
It's interesting how many people start these registries, noone ever sees them, and they fall off the face of the earth. A discussion on another thread came up a couple weeks ago regarding the number of Elgin bluebirds that currently exist. I believe someone threw out a number 200 or so and while that seemed a bit excessive, there is no data to substantiate any of these numbers. It would be nice to have documentation in our collecting community as to how many of these rare bicycles there are. It's not important where they are located (I think everyone deserves their right to privacy), but more facts like the following:

1) Year
2) Manufacturer
3) Model
4) Color/Colors
5) Original or Restored
6) Serial Number
7) Picture (if available)
8) Additional information

Does anyone have any previously collected data we can use to combine this information into a central registry? It would be nice to combine this inforation into excel sheets and keep them updated on CABE as a central repository.

Note: Collecting data like this is becoming more and more important as reproduction parts and frames are being produced that are so close to the originals that new/old collectors can easily be fooled. I have seen faux painting so good that even some trained eyes can be fooled. At the prices some of these rare bikes are commanding, it helps to have some history to what you are buying/collecting.

Back