When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the top 2 bikes on your bucket list?

-
Still looking for that elusive 1982 black 10 speed King Sting. Wanted one since I was 14! I have a silver one but 14 year old me loved the black with gold components.
Also would like a nice original B-6 in an unusual color combination someday.

Pics are borrowed but you get the point. I have hope in my heart, but considering how much people want for either of them I have low expectations honestly. ....but a man should always dream. If I found either, just like my others, I would keep them for the rest of my life.

On the Airflow, I have never seen a color combo I didnt like...
The Schwinn, the green on green is an absolute must.

airflow.jpg

green and green.jpg

"On the Airflow, I have never seen a color combo I didnt like..."

I'm with you on this as well...but I like this one!
(pic borrowed)

View attachment 1617969

even patina'd...they look so cool! (pic borrowed)

View attachment 1617970
Truthfully, you know my taste and I REALLY want a crusty one but considering how much they're worth, they almost always get restored if the paint isnt an 8 out of 10. I know chances are low....VERY low, but a man can dream.

Truthfully, you know my taste and I REALLY want a crusty one but considering how much they're worth, they almost always get restored if the paint isnt an 8 out of 10. I know chances are low....VERY low, but a man can dream.
Dream on my Brother...dreams don't cost a penny...
I would love to see you end up w/ one, that bike would be a well-loved prize in your collection! 👍

Dream on my Brother...dreams don't cost a penny...
I would love to see you end up w/ one, that bike would be a well-loved prize in your collection! 👍
I dont think people realize how valued my bikes are in my heart. Passion, love and persistence pays off but its still not worth a dime so you have to find a way to bridge that gap.

I dont think people realize how valued my bikes are in my heart. Passion, love and persistence pays off but its still not worth a dime so you have to find a way to bridge that gap.
I get it, Chris...totally. I feel the same about certain pieces in my collection...sentimental beats monetary in my book...
You are a wonderful caretaker for the Gems you have rescued...

I have them. A 1974 Schwinn Sports Tourer in Kool Lemon (with factory correct original parts)

and Schwinndemoniums 1961 Mark 4 Jaguar.

those are the bikes I really wanted. The Jaguar more so than the Sports Tourer but I'm very thankful and blessed to have both. Other bikes I think are cool but not necessarily bucket list bikes are a Coppertone middleweight (Like a typhoon or jaguar etc), a Super LeTour (just to have a real nice lightweight road bike that isn't a chromoly frame) and a king sized Schwinn American. I did want a whizzer until I found out how much they cost and cost for parts etc....and wouldn't mind riding a big wheel/oridinary/penny farthing bike but I'm not sure I have to own one. I also think finding a nice original Schwinn Superior would be fun too, just because I really like the story on those.

Back