When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What badge would this bike have? (and where can I find one...)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alphabetty

Look Ma, No Hands!
My Dad bought this partial bike at an estate sale in the 1970's (for $3) - frame with crank, wheels, and maybe the saddle and post, although they look wrong. The pedals and fork came out of his stash, but are not original (the fork stem is too short and is held in with a dowel just so I could display the bike) My parents are involved with the local historical society and located what they think is the sales receipt for it - $15 in 1899, from Hartford Bicycle Co. (the framed receipt is a copy) I would like to know what the badge looked like, and possibly buy one. The hole pattern is unusual, and matches nothing I've seen online. Does anyone know what it might have been?

9FAE2081-BB95-4B06-8588-8FD1BCFE7BEC.jpeg

3B017B30-0A6D-4221-9B8E-7B1F80F52FF5.jpeg

AECB3459-1522-45D7-B00C-7FB6EBFFC573.jpeg

I'm guessing the people that might recognize this bike are mostly in the "Antique Bicycles Pre-1933" forum. Maybe the moderators can move it for you or somebody can tag some of those members. Good Luck!
Maybe @Jesse McCauley will know something, or know someone else who does.

Back