When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sunset ride with Philthy to Kyrene.
8D36E10B-A685-4ECB-B760-53D5DB0D1D15.jpeg
BAA18B4E-EB4A-44B0-B5F2-5D2792646F20.jpeg

48 Columbia Cruiser

Out on the 1899 'Rochester' again today.
And if you think that's old for a daily rider, take a close look at that wonderful building I'm using as a backdrop.
Pictured outside All Saints Church, Aston Upthorpe, Oxfordshire.
It is believed that parts of this building pre-date the Norman conquest of England in 1066.
It was remodelled in the 11th. Century, hiding the earlier Saxon details.
It may well be the site of the church where King Aethelred's army prayed before joining his brother Alfred (The Great) as they defeated the Vikings at the Battle of Ashdown which occurred close by on the 8th. January, 871 AD.
An incredible building.....
20210409_141312.jpg

20210409_141350.jpg

Trial run with partial touring gear. The sleeping bag definitely needs something, maybe a compression sack. I kept kicking it while mounting the bike. Smaller bag...front rack set up.
Need to trim down the double kickstand, as the front wheel is elevated and swings to one side , causing the bike to capsize.
20210409_155510.jpg

Guess the county is getting ready to pave.
20210409_160043.jpg

Reminds me of this Star Wars vehicle

Found the jack leg Mechanic didn't tighten the rear skwer all the way. Oh wait , that jack leg was me . It's all good practice tactical repairs..
20210409_160825.jpg

All in all great ride. Stay Safe Gang.
Back to the drawing board.

Trial run with partial touring gear. The sleeping bag definitely needs something, maybe a compression sack. I kept kicking it while mounting the bike. Smaller bag...front rack set up.
Need to trim down the double kickstand, as the front wheel is elevated and swings to one side , causing the bike to capsize. View attachment 1388416
Guess the county is getting ready to pave.
View attachment 1388423
Reminds me of this Star Wars vehicleView attachment 1388424
Found the jack leg Mechanic didn't tighten the rear skwer all the way. Oh wait , that jack leg was me . It's all good practice tactical repairs..View attachment 1388425
All in all great ride. Stay Safe Gang.
Back to the drawing board.

You may have to try the 'swing your leg over the handlebars' technique to mount/dismount, as used by many of my old-school amigos.
Although with those handlebar extensions that may be equally difficult!

Just acquired this so took a little spin before making plans for the teardown and cleanup .
Not original paint think it was repainted in the 70s as licence plate sticker was over the sticker pinstripes
but think original colour was the seafoam showing underneath so may repaint that colour .
Usually see these bikes in burgundy or dark blue or red but have seen CCM balloon tire bikes in the sea foam colour .
It is a 1937 CCM Motorbike by the serial number nice to get one in rideable condition and has decent tires on it.
Also will redo seat not crazy about slide rail seats but clamp looks good and think I have a decent spare stashed somewhere .
Still has the horsehair padding and strip of leather .
Fenders are also in good shape .
IMG_1893.jpeg

Back