When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Great pics! Thats my friend tony and his 59 4 door.hes @58droptop on Instagram.he buys sells collects early volkswagens and impalas,parts and accessories

Last edited:
I like the Henderson better
I still like my 65 Pan also with the fat tank, lite & rear fender, small seat and lower bars ( those tall bars kill me after a bit ) more than the “ Easy rider style “ in the window!, odd thing there was a second identical bike inside so he must turn out a few.

Last edited:
I dug the Skyrider out of the back of the pile and made a bee line to downtown on a fresh, hot ciabatta run. All sold out.....still a perfect day for a scooter ride here in the PNW. I put some wider bars on to try out and I want to get some black grips for them. Back to the parts pile...

20210423_131132.jpg

20210423_131558.jpg

20210423_131708.jpg

Just returned from a 5 night trip to Death Valley National Park...Feels great to be back on a bike riding around my local spots!
Schwinn War time New World.

Heading out...

Alameda Creek in Niles Canyon...

RR Bridge at Palomares Road...

Ca. Historic Nursery...

While hiking in Saline Valley to the Grandview Arch Canyon, I found this 50 caliber shell...Markings: S L 43

A 1943 shell casing from the St. Louis Ordnance Plant
This plant was operated as the United States Cartridge Company as a division of Western Cartridge Company. They were only a few miles east of the East Alton plant operated by Western. This plant manufactured 6.7 billion .30 and .50 cartridges for the War.

I'm going to find a place to mount this shell on my wartime bike!

New park I found...

Heading home...

Great day for a ride!

Last edited:
Got this bike out for the first time this year built it up last year I wanted to build up something modern with Disc brakes and some gears .
Just went for a short ride around the neighbourhood it's about +4 C. so still a little cool out
IMG_1903.jpeg

Also first ride on the new Brooks C-67 all weather saddle hopefully this will soften up a little when its warmer
Had a. C-19 on it before and did not mind that both are supposed to be good for more upright riding will keep tweaking it till it works .
IMG_1904.jpeg

Back