When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No ride for two days straight so rode a 53 miler yesterday on the Shelby Flyer roadster. Out to the coast, south, then inland through the hot air up San Diego Creek and Sand Canyon area where I tried some new route options. 28 miles in to my turnaround, back out to the cool ocean air then home. Felt a bit wimpy in the heat, a little beat up and crooked from working on the house too much.
Heading inland..
View attachment 1430720
View attachment 1430714
Some shade to stop in.
View attachment 1430717
View attachment 1430712
View attachment 1430744
Heading back to the water..
View attachment 1430711
Sometimes you just have to suck it up and head out on the wheels even when you aren't really up for it. Solid ride.
How long are you here this time?🚴‍♂️

Went south today to take this out for a first ride since recently discovered in original owners shed after I removed a 49cc motor kit he installed.

Great day..Sunset to Huntington Beach and back to Sunset with this 1980 Schwinn King Sting single speed with SunTour VX 5 speed upgrade.

Last edited:
Where did that reverse claw VX derailleur come from?
Hey bloo
It was on there when I bought the bike from the 80 year old original owner. An old hot rod guy up in the hills of Riverside. He had put mountain bike tires, a spring fork and the four stroke motor thinking it was cool. The cool thing really was back in 1980 he had the shop spread the new frame and build this one up as a ten speed with all silver parts instead of the gold. We searched his garages and found boxes with the matching front derailler, mighty thumb shifter, the crank set and Tange TRX fork. The gold came from a 81 Sidewinder I rescued from a trash pile somewhere else. Its possible that the reverse claw is actually just the hanger bracket flipped around backwards.

Its possible that the reverse claw is actually just the hanger bracket flipped around backwards.

I blew the pic up, and also one of a normal VX, and I don't think it is, although it does look like the claw comes off (many did not). Those backwards derailleurs are hard to find, and I would have loved to get a Suntour VX back in 81 when my brand new Raceline Rainier tied it's cheap horrible Shimano derailleur in a knot LOL. I probably didn't know a backwards VX existed. I stuck an Allvit on it. Rainiers had Mighty Shifters and they are excellent, but were originally intended for 5 speed only, so you had to reach up and push the left one backwards....

Nice King Sting!

Back