When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One more transit of the Riverwalk here in the beautiful PNW. Made it about 12 miles before I had to go home and do some yardwork. This '35 Colson is da bomb.

20210617_102003.jpg

20210617_101209.jpg

20210617_095827.jpg

20210617_093252.jpg

My photos posted on page 2028 this Wednesday sold the vintage bio-pace Trek bike.

I posted a add using Wednesdays ride photos at around 9:00pm, and when I woke up Thursday morning had 4 people interested. The first guy who responded immediately drove out to pick it up, and is now the new owner.

It feels good to reduce my collection size, and get the bike out into the hands of another middle age guy who will also enjoy it. He said this is his first mountain bike, and he wanted it so he could ride local trails with his wife. I also gave him a few accessories for free that he can install if he wants to. (Water bottle cage, and some reflectors).

Last edited:
I rode my '55 Corvette today. Needed to take some jars back to the Yoders . I was going to zip tie a milkcrate to the front rack, but the crate was too big so I just bungeed the jars to the rack. What could go wrong.
20210618_101311.jpg

20210618_102026.jpg

The jars still hanging in there
20210618_101749.jpg

Made to the market without incident.

After a while I stopped by the Gas -N- Go to get a Gator Ade.
20210618_115357.jpg
20210618_120458.jpg

Beautiful weather little to no humidity. Great day for a ride. Ride Safe!

iL Formicone "The Ant" made it's 1st Official Ride today since as far as I know it's 1st owner & his wife rode together before they passed away.

I have swapped over to newer 24x2.125" tires since somebody had put on 24" wheels with the original parts & the rear tube was sliced pretty badly.
I just hosed it down & wiped the seats dry. Still dusty & I haven't done anything other than squirt PB Blaster on the chains .... I rode it about a block & turned around.

I Really Want to put it in BMX form before a meticulously clean & grease 🤔

20210618_144355.jpg

I just took my second bike ride this week. I decided to bike a package to the local USPS store.

Today I decided to take out a Wallmart sold department bike that was purchased 2nd hand at goodwill for I think $25. Dont laugh!

When first purchased it did have a few issues that the original buyer gave up on. The original brakes absolutely sucked and could not be adjusted, and one of the pedals bearings fell out.

After its purchase I raided my parts bin. The bike got some vintage Shimano LX V-brakes, new pedals, a thudbuster seat-post, a more comfortable saddle, It also got a good service and wheel true.

I almost forgot, it also got a red ionized raceface handle bar, to replace the cheap I think steel one it came with. My red ionized raceface handle bars slowly turned pink with the passing of time, so I sanded them down to bare aluminum before installing them on this bike.

I originally purchased it to satisfy some curiosity on what the newer standard of 29" wheels felt like. I went into it with a open mind, and It turns out I like the larger size.

I do not plan to ride any aggressive trails with this one, but while casually riding around town or on crushed gravel, this bikes ride is now very comfortable, and performs just fine. I have had it for about 2 years now and always enjoy taking it out for a spin.

On the way back home after the package was dropped off, I took a more scenic detour.

With a few upgrades, It looks more expensive than it really is. I don't consider it embarrassing.

With the large wheels, and thud-buster seat post, it just may be my most comfortable street cruising type casual ride.

Last edited:
Long time CABE buddy PlasticNerd came up for a visit and we put the finishing touches on his 1937 LSA207 Schwinn Autocycle. Pictured here are two 1937 Schwinn Autocycles with different options. The black LSA207 badged as a LaSalle(also downtube) and the maroon A207 badged Ace. LSA207 is a locking fork full deluxe with all

options and the A207 is a lower end Autocycle without speedo and rack is painted.

Back