When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1961 Schwinn Speedster ridden to work in rain, worked out well

IMG_20210626_200721462.jpg

No ride for me yesterday so today I made sure to clip into the 21st Century Hawthorne Flyer in celebration or our spiritual riding leader @dnc1, his 55th b-day, quick recovery and recent long ride. Added 55 more for him celebrating my 64 so-far years. Fortunately I'm also still here and riding when I can.
View attachment 1436588
View attachment 1436590
View attachment 1436589
View attachment 1436591
View attachment 1436593
View attachment 1436592
Not sure about the 'spiritual riding leader' tag Pete, don't make my head swell even more!
Good to know that you're still getting those miles in over there. And on a serious note it is so nice to be appreciated.
As you know, I love this thread and everyone's varying daily experiences on an eclectic mix of machines. Long may it continue!

Next Sunday I have organised a ride with friends and acquaintances.
Our annual BVCC ride is cancelled, but I've cajoled around 25 others to join me and ride the route anyway.
All pre 1936 bicycles, it should be fun and I hope to get some great photos for here.

Keep riding while you can!

Finally was able to go out on my newly purchased 41 Columbia this morning on its maiden voyage.
View attachment 1436286

View attachment 1436287

The plastic water cage is held on the down tube with Velcro strips so nothing gets scratched. It was kind of hot so staying hydrated is a must.

View attachment 1436289

View attachment 1436292

View attachment 1436293

Had to cut the ride short to 8 miles cause of the rain that popped up. So much for the weather app that said no rain for the next 2 hours!
Our small City is in the process of building a Sr. Park which came in very handy in staying dry from the rain.
View attachment 1436294

View attachment 1436295

Man it poured for about 1/2 hour but thanks to the covered area at the park the rain was no problem. I’m very happy to report this pre war bike is a super smooth and comfy rider. I have the seat post set to maximum extension at 3” into the frame but could use another inch or two of additional saddle height.
That bike is stunning mate. Enjoy it.

I took the Ratrod Flyer out this morning around the neighborhood to get a Sunrise shot. Around and around the blocks I traveled waiting to see the fireball come up. It's always 15 to 20 minutes later than what they say it will rise. But like in the cartoons the sun seems to slowly come up then bouces up quickly.
20210627_054309.jpg

We are getting there
20210627_055730.jpg

Got the shot...and riding home. Getting hungry. Remember....there is no mission without nutrition.
GREAT RIDE 👍

RIDE SAFE GANG!

Back