When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
AWESOME!!! Baby steps... "You're doing it!!!"
RidinRelics said:
@tripple3 , Mark I’m really curious and hope your don’t mind me asking, What is the most miles you’ve ever ridden in a month?
"Who has the Time?"
Feb. 7th, '21; CC ride, a buddy asked me that same question... 1542 miles in 28 days; 1612 miles in May;
Daily Ride Log since, for fun, and the Challenge....
Marty encouraged me to beat his "Longest Day Ride"; when he rode from Costa Mesa to SanDiego for lunch, then home; total 164 miles, WOW!!!
New record is 172 miles, June 21, 2021 1935 Huffman "Beach Cruiser" in HB All Day.
@RidinRelics Rick, I think you can Beat the record. For FUN!!!
View attachment 1876941
@tripple3 Thought about your challenge a few days. Seems an accomplished distance rider like you would realize there’s too many variables to take into account elevation, weather, time, equipment etc to accomplish this feat outside me getting in a plane and flying to Cali and riding the same course. I’m not willing to do that and not willing to ride all day on pavement ( been there and done that). Don’t intend to leave gravel till body won’t take it anymore. So I believe at the very least I equaled your accomplishment yesterday on my own course. No one has brought up difficulty of riding gravel vrs road riding. Yes opinions vary from 1 mi road is 1 km gravel .68 mi, I’ve seen .66 gravel to 1 mi road and even 1.5 road mil equal 1 mi gravel. So giving you the biggest Benefit of the doubt, I’ll figure it’s only 25% harder .75. ( no one believes this slight a difference) If your record is 172 mi pavement .75 variance gravel, that equals 129 gravel which I purposely rode yesterday. Half of my ride is 0-2% climbing with intermittent larger climbs. The downhill side is all into a steep head wind, so it’s negated. so unless your course has a lot of climbing I say I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say we’re equal. Not sure how 2 friends in Cali, friendly bet became the ride we all need to aspire to beat? One more fact
anyone can ride the road, but not all road riders can ride gravel.The progression is usually road-gravel , not the other way around. Wonder why that is?

Last edited:
@tripple3 Thought about your challenge a few days. Seems an accomplished distance rider like you would realize there’s too many variables to take into account elevation, weather, time, equipment etc to accomplish this feat outside me getting in a plane and flying to Cali and riding the same course. I’m not willing to do that and not willing to ride all day on pavement ( been there and done that). Don’t intend to leave gravel till body won’t take it anymore. So I believe at at the very least I equaled your accomplishment yesterday on my own course. No one has brought up difficulty of riding gravel vrs road riding. Yes opinions vary from 1 mi road is 1 km gravel .68 mi, I’ve seen .66 gravel to 1 mi road and even 1.5 road mil equal 1 mi gravel. So giving you the biggest Benefit of the doubt, I’ll figure it’s only 25% harder .75. ( no one believes this smaller a difference) If your record is 172 mi pavement .75 variance gravel, that equals 129 gravel which I purposely rode yesterday. Half of my ride is 0-2% climbing with intermittent larger climbs. The downhill side is all into a steep head wind, so it’s negated. so unless your Coarse has a lot of climbing I say I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say we’re equal. Not sure how 2 friends in Cali, friendly bet became the ride we all need to aspire to beat? One more fact
anyone can ride the road, but not all road riders can ride gravel.The progression is usually road gravel not other way around. Wonder why that is?
Sir Rick, You hold the "Distance" record. WOW!!!
Not hard for me to bow to your accomplishments, i knew you were the one to do it!!!
I do want to ride with you on gravel, some day.
Our wives can talk about how "Crazy" their husband is....hehehe
Awesome! Who has the TIME???
tripple3 2019.jpg

photo credit @hoofhearted

Not hard for me to bow to your accomplishments, i knew you were the one to do it!!!
View attachment 1878822
@Tripple no title needed. ( especially the bowing). I did not tell my wife how many miles I was riding yesterday, but she knew, cuz I told her about your challenge. When I got home she asked “ Did you beat that guys record?” I said “ No, I beat my personal record”. ( I did not actually ride your course) She does think I’m crazy but has come to be very encouraging of my endeavors. A gravel ride would be a good time! I set out to impress myself in my riding and collecting. If it garners the recognition of others it just added bonus.

Last edited:
Work, work, work, summertime heat.

Weeks of 16 hour work days take away from riding time. Had to stay home this morning for delivery of the new refrigerator, so 39 Elgin time before going back to work on the roof of the current building we are constructing. Only supposed to be 108 today.

20230801_084026.jpg

View attachment 1878822
@tripple3 , if you come up to the beautiful PNW to ride with @RidinRelics, stop by and get me. I would be honored to ride with either of you or both of you, anytime!!
Ian

“ No, I beat my personal record”. ( I did not actually ride your course) She does think I’m crazy but has come to be very encouraging of my endeavors. A gravel ride would be a good time! I set out to impress myself in my riding and collecting. If it garners the recognition of others it just added bonus.
Bonus! Be You, others notice, light attracts light. When the time comes, i wanna ride a bike you have, selected for my style, on your daily course.
and something for our wives to do while we're gone. Sweetie is still here 35 years later; encouraging as it gets lol.🥰
@tripple3 , if you come up to the beautiful PNW to ride with @RidinRelics, stop by and get me. I would be honored to ride with either of you or both of you, anytime!!
Ian
For sure @ian and a whole bunch of the @SKIDKINGSVBC @Tim the Skid ....
Vacation road trip, to ride other CABErs' rides; sounds Dreamy!!!
this Fall Colors Ride...?

today, left late, same bike, same route, short-version.
IMG_2297.jpg

this is where my mom called me, flying around the Country, stuck in Dallas, on her way home to Idaho.
IMG_2300.jpg

1 Anderson Street
IMG_2301.jpg

Back a couple miles, up Newland to Tio Flacco's Taco Tuesday, with Fearless, called me "Crazy" lol.
36 miles; got the call back to work tomorrow = Vacation OVER.
It's OK, at least i get to RIDE!

Rode our tandem with my wife today.

444F7049-09F7-4638-9D77-9991975B2E3F.jpegShe always asks me how far we riding today? I told her this morning don’t expect much from me today, maybe 25 miA8CA86B0-415A-403C-92EF-87B4EFA407E2.jpegWe stopped at a restroom at 20 mi, I told he it’s gonna feel like I didn’t ride if we go 25 , after yesterdays all day ride, you mind if we go 40 mi? ( 40 mi is the top of my wife’s comfort zone),
108FD80C-6463-4965-AE33-3F6C89D8719B.jpeg
So that’s what we rode.

Back