When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just before dark tonight I took the blue 41 Schwinn Ace out. Starting to get dark early and .......a hint , just a hint of fall in the air. Still summer but something has changed. Can feel it.
When I bought this 41 it was already in pieces being parted on ebay. A nice original bike like this was being parted.
The chain guard, rack, handle bars and pedals were already gone.
Well here it is tonight still together!
014.JPG

025.JPG

Traffic was stopped for a fire engine roaring down the street. You can barely see the left rear of the engine in the far left corner of the photo above the fire hydrant.Tried to get it in the picture but it was going by too fast.
Keep driving the way that fire engine is going at night , east on Roosevelt road and one ends up in a part of Chicago you will wish you weren't. 52 shot last week-end . 10 were killed. Those folks need a hobby......

018.JPG
020.JPG
019.JPG
021.JPG
017.JPG
026.JPG

Just before dark tonight I took the blue 41 Schwinn Ace out. Starting to get dark early and .......a hint , just a hint of fall in the air. Still summer but something has changed. Can feel it.
When I bought this 41 it was already in pieces being parted on ebay. A nice original bike like this was being parted.
The chain guard, rack, handle bars and pedals were already gone.
Well here it is tonight still together!View attachment 351390
View attachment 351391
Traffic was stopped for a fire engine roaring down the street. You can barely see the left rear of the engine in the far left corner of the photo above the fire hydrant.Tried to get it in the picture but it was going by too fast.
Keep driving the way that fire engine is going at night , east on Roosevelt road and one ends up in a part of Chicago you will wish you weren't. 52 shot last week-end . 10 were killed. Those folks need a hobby......

View attachment 351393 View attachment 351392View attachment 351395 View attachment 351396 View attachment 351397 View attachment 351398
Holy smokes! Beautiful! :) ;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Alamo St. across the front of the Alamo is brick, and I just heard today they're tearing the brick up - a shame - it's such a hoot to ride brick, especially when I'm on my Open Paves.

It’s been years since I’ve visited the area.
The history of the missions is fascinating.
I recently read online that in July of this year, archaeologists reported uncovering part
of an adobe wall.
2qnt74y.png

The project will support a reconstruction of the area.
Here’s hoping the bricks on Alamo St. will remain after completion.

before they started digging wells, which relieved the aquifer pressure, San Pedro springs used to continuously spray 20 feet into the air like a geyser (as recently as 1880). It's no wonder Spanish monks busting out of the scrub and the natives already here considered this place sacred.
9.jpg

https://www.nps.gov/saan/planyourvisit/hikebike.htm
Bicycling is better in San Antonio than any city around. The Missions trail is a National park, and the missions themselves are great stops.
One thing, it's a ride you want to save for a cloudy day. Long ago, they scoured all the trees along the river for flood control (alamo = cottonwood) . There are a few gazebos along the way, all on top of the bluff, so they're nice and breezy. There's a great bike rental system, and you can always leave your B-cycle rental at any kiosk and take a bus back into town.
The missions are still active parishes. Here's the retallbo at Mission San Jose
$.jpg

The city is also doing a great job of linking all the greenways together, which essentially follow all the creeks connecting all the flood zone parks.
Most of them are tunneled in trees.
While I wouldn't recommend San Antonio for a summer vacation, it's great for a winter vacation.

Last edited:
before tthey started digging wells, which relieved the aquifer pressure, San Pedro springs used to continuously spray 20 feet into the air like a geyser (as recently as 1880). It's no wonder Spanish monks busting out of the scrub and the natives already here considered this place sacred.

Many years ago when I was visiting the Alamo, I recall the area behind the Crockett Hotel but closer to a freeway.
They were demolishing old buildings to make way for parking lots.
Before the caterpillars completed the clean-up. I managed to grab a stone that was part of an ancient “acequia”
that was still there under the old buildings.
These acequias were the means by which water was used before water-pipes were invented. These waterways
were part of the history when in 1836, Gen. Santa Anna’s army tried to block the water from the men at the Alamo.
It may not mean much to folks today. I just thought it was interesting & should have been preserved.

Back