When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Cold Texas day

The regular Sunday morning ride was a little tougher than usual; yesterday it was 76 out and a cold front came through in the night. 31 degrees with a ~20 mph wind. My late seventies chrome racer did ok but in hind sight my modern aero bike would have been a better choice in the wind.

IMG_0740.JPG

Cold Texas day

The regular Sunday morning ride was a little tougher than usual; yesterday it was 76 out and a cold front came through in the night. 31 degrees with a ~20 mph wind. My late seventies chrome racer did ok but in hind sight my modern aero bike would have been a better choice in the wind.

View attachment 398126
he meant to say 28 degF with 23 knot wind. I stayed home and installed new front brake pads, and waxed the mud from my bags from the day before.
Neither is why we live in s. Texas - there will be better days to ride this winter.
So which was better, the mud ride or the blustery blow ride?

Last edited:
he meant to say 28 degF with 23 knot wind. I stayed home and installed new front brake pads, and waxed the mud from my bags from the day before.
Neither is why we live in s. Texas - there will be better days to ride this winter.
So which was better, the mud ride or the blustery blow ride?
The mud ride was more enjoyable; the wind was tough, Broadway was a straight headwind, a few gusts felt like it was going to stop the bike.

Back