When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
1936 Hawthorne and Pre war ? Year hawthorne camel back at the Anaheim Disney 10k run, my son and I were asked to leave because we were at the finish line and taking bike pictures
So instead we went to yard sales and we ran into The General Lee and i bought a Captain America Shield-- much more funner!!

e3230404de93982acdf5244226fc33bb.jpg

d187d021abf80ffa606dd9b8abf038f9.jpg

a820bf72a3780ab856bef29e74c181d6.jpg

b1267c9a5d1b879c1487e621d9ab2fc8.jpg
e03cb7be3f76d07f944cf1c45b5ee3df.jpg

c41c776a4cd889f9c2d5089f06c4eb88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My ride

OK, I know the risk of riding bikes and the possibility of damage. So, I took a chance and brought my Elgin twin bar and Hawthorne Zep out today. Trailored the bikes to my friends house so we could ride them into old town Scottsdale. Everything good. First ride for the Zep after a year of restoring it. Both are very nicely restored. Rode them to a restaurant and locked them up off to the side. As we were enjoying lunch, a girl walks in and says she just knocked over my bikes. AHHHH, fenders scratched. As I assessed the damage, I noticed her bike, beat to hell and a cheap pile, parked ever so close to my two beauties! Why?!!!! Whole parking lot empty and we were the only two in the whole restaurant! Oh, so I will not be taking out any more rides. Only ones that are replaceable. Will post pictures soon. Time to have a drink!! Thanks to everyone posting their rides!!!

OK, I know the risk of riding bikes and the possibility of damage. So, I took a chance and brought my Elgin twin bar and Hawthorne Zep out today. Trailored the bikes to my friends house so we could ride them into old town Scottsdale. Everything good. First ride for the Zep after a year of restoring it. Both are very nicely restored. Rode them to a restaurant and locked them up off to the side. As we were enjoying lunch, a girl walks in and says she just knocked over my bikes. AHHHH, fenders scratched. As I assessed the damage, I noticed her bike, beat to hell and a cheap pile, parked ever so close to my two beauties! Why?!!!! Whole parking lot empty and we were the only two in the whole restaurant! Oh, so I will not be taking out any more rides. Only ones that are replaceable. Will post pictures soon. Time to have a drink!! Thanks to everyone posting their rides!!!
How the fk do you knock over two bike? Was she drunk??... I actually about 3 years ago asked a guy not to lock his Walmart pile o poop on top of mine... He proceeds to go off about free country ya da ya da. .. I tell him park it someplace else. He is telling me mines an old pile of poop ... so a retort yeah a pile o poop that is worth about 17 of your piles.. so park it someplace else you fat fk... He then kicks my fender and puts a big dent in it... well I'm like wtf cause he is a goddamn giant...but I'm with two huge hells angels types that then jump over the railing before I say anything..pick his bike up and throw it into the middle of the street.... and say listen friend, don't park yer poop next to a work of art..now bounce... never saw him again. .or his cracked out east county wench..

Obi-Wan

Such frustration. I just do not get how people can be so ignorant! I do consider my bikes "works of art". She was sorry and my friend wanted her to pay for it. Tim Brandt in California, painted the fenders. It is not worth even trying to explain the value I place on my bikes. Hence, my cruisers will be the two I had powder coated. They are nothing special to people that appreciate our hobby but that is why I did them like that.
The sorry part of this, is I love sharing my bicycles with the public and had many people comment on the bikes. It is so great to spread our hobby to others. In Scottsdale, there is not many people that ride vintage. One day I will make a cyclone ride where I can feel comfortable. Problem there, I would have a hard time choosing which bike to bring. Probably one of my Shelbys!

38c0a1be1168b71c686dc01d48001482-1.jpg

Kate and I like to catch Critical Mass at the end of the month. It's an after bedtime ride downtown with a few hundred really nice crazy people (or so I have been told) I was trying to finish a pair of English sports to take so we could be twinkies and once I rebuilt the hubs realized at kind of the last minute I didn't have two good front wheels.
Decided to take one of the divorce bikes instead. Picked the Schwinn for the five speeds and it was the lightest one.
6a8893136cc72dc1089eb8a45ac27b3b-1.jpg
f0a792354684adc9a3beb0220ea7850b-1.jpg
31c928fbcfc715aa505d5c301df7c975-1.jpg

The cool part is we can catch the train downtown faster and so much simpler than loading and unloading bicycles parking drinking and driving but we were about thirty minutes late time. I gave up trying to catch the group and we just cruised around and went to a familiar bar instead. I think my divorce bike is broken. Kate said it was the most fun she has had in a long time.

It wasn't me I swear.

Too crowded yesterday with the Labor day holiday to maneuver a pair of bikes through the massive crowds but last wee the wife and I took these two schwinns out.
Excellsior and the niece's Starlet.

eb19ddf617e0dcf98fadfd8f5f78cb85-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Back