When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
20170419_064032.jpg
got a nice cruise in this morning on the 55.

not exactly in a rut - same ride as yesterday, but without the drama....mostly.
All the trail has been cleaned of chert and logs, even the portage spot from yesterday was dry as a bone.
The great part was The first distance ride on my '57 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, just completed over the weekend. (ok, more than a bit modified, built from bare frame).
The drama, going down a bluff, had a la-la-land ear-bud jogger make a sweeping U-turn 5 feet in front of me. I was anticipating it, but still, the panic stop on the old Weinmann sidepulls was dramatic.
a1KIMG0051.jpg

a1KIMG0065.jpg

The bike was a joy, cozy, fast, and great climber.

not exactly in a rut - same ride as yesterday, but without the drama....mostly.
All the trail has been cleaned of chert and logs, even the portage spot from yesterday was dry as a bone.
The great part was The first distance ride on my '57 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, just completed over the weekend. (ok, more than a bit modified, built from bare frame).
The drama, going down a bluff, had a la-la-land ear-bud jogger make a sweeping U-turn 5 feet in front of me. I was anticipating it, but still, the panic stop on the old Weinmann sidepulls was dramatic.
a1KIMG0051.jpg

a1KIMG0065.jpg

The bike was a joy, cozy, fast, and great climber.
Nice to see that Lenton out and about after all of that work! Great bicycle

Back