When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
20170701_061457.jpg
20170701_061514.jpg
cruised my huffy thru town.nice long ride.

Out of coffee this AM, was gonna take the bike but decided to drive. Backed out of the driveway, put it in drive and was bumped by a guy backing up to window shop the yard sale across the street. :(

IMG_0063.JPG

Parked the hooptie and took off on JLB2.1 like I shoulda done in the first place :rolleyes:

IMG_0069.JPG

Back home and fueled up, found pick-a-part just down the way had a couple donors and it's a 40% off day :cool: so back on the bike.
Sweet! I wonder what they'd take for the whole thing ;)
IMG_0064.JPG

Saw this poor old guy there:
IMG_0066.JPG

Want the contact info @Nashman ? :D

Rolled back home...like it never happened :)

52062285460__30A232EB-5BE2-4AB6-9CD3-D90EBA238440.JPG

Out of coffee this AM, was gonna take the bike but decided to drive. Backed out of the driveway, put it in drive and was bumped by a guy backing up to window shop the yard sale across the street. :(

View attachment 489724

Parked the hooptie and took off on JLB2.1 like I shoulda done in the first place :rolleyes:

View attachment 489726

Back home and fueled up, found pick-a-part just down the way had a couple donors and it's a 40% off day :cool: so back on the bike.
View attachment 489727
View attachment 489728

View attachment 489729

Dude! Nice! Very proactive. It's like it never happened. Haha awesome way to keep the day going great and no better way than hopping on the bicycle. This pic is awesome..
downloadfile-31.jpg

I grabbed my friend, grabbed the cat, grabbed my bike...and away we drove to Connecticut to see my family. The whole group rents a bunch of cottages on the beach for the week and it's a big get together of drinking, fireworks, bike rides, and hospital trips.

On the way I picked up a crusty Schwinn hornet for $100 that we have a tank for.
We tried to fill the tires.... Looks like she really is a "balloon" bike.
IMG_20170701_200344.jpg

IMG_20170701_200326.jpg

I got some green eyed envy over this new Schwinn, so Jimmy let me trade my Columbia for her halfway through.

IMG_20170701_200403.jpg

IMG_20170701_200310.jpg

My friend looked hella adorable on this glowing colorflow

IMG_20170701_201013.jpg

IMG_20170701_202828.jpg

My momma on her hornet we found on Craigslist when we went to memory lane this year.

img_0066-jpg.jpg

I always wonder at seeing old cars like this in junk yards so many years after their production what finally landed them there. Someone obviously took care of it for a while, must have had some dream at bringing it back, and then . . .? Did they die, meet someone more sensible and insistent than themselves that made them dump it, just had enough, or have to dump it to move? From what I can see of this Metropolitan in the photo in that condition in New England, that would probably be saved.

View attachment 489724

View attachment 489726

View attachment 489727
View attachment 489728

View attachment 489729
Great MET shot, and story...Thanks!! We had Canada Day yesterday. 150 years old!!! Happy 4th of July ( early) U.S.A. !!

Back