What bike did you ride today?

This ad disappears when logged in

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
Felt lazy and didn't want to get on the bike tonight but rode anyway. About 2200ft of climbing and 2 hrs ride time. Off my game a bit, but was still able to sucker-punch some hotshot millennial chicks into trying to catch me on the climb. Stayed just out of reach though while forcing the pace....old guys rule.:p Beautiful out tonight. Lots of pics on the way back down. Rode the Ibis today. Enjoy your rides all.
IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

This is the one of the Silver King Mine structures at 8000 feet elevation. The George Hearst family of the Hearst Castle fame started the Ontario Mine in the late 1800's producing $50 million in silver, which financed their families California Castle on the Central Coast. https://historicparkcityutah.com/news/park-citys-history
IMG_0060.JPG

The "Bonanza Mine" buildings nearby...
IMG_0055.JPG

Last edited:

Cycleology

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Sep 25, 2016
Yesterday

WE went on a ride. My wife went with me for a 20+ mile cruise with several stops along the way.
Im riding 36 Electric with locking truss fork, OG black and Ivory b/c fenders, awesome rack I bought from Scott(Thanks again),best T.10 pedals, rebuilt triple drop rims, skip tooth 22 to 10 ratio(easy cruiser), fender bomb,...I could go on...
My wife's rider is a Raleigh Retroglide with Hot pink rims, hand-made padded seat cover and basket liner to match, custom options just for her...etc.
The Wedge is big right now so there were News Vans down there and lots of tourists to see.... View attachment 166483 View attachment 166482 View attachment 166484 View attachment 166485

View attachment 166482

View attachment 166483

View attachment 166484

View attachment 166485
That is a larger than normal sprocket on the back of that green Raleigh???

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
Mechanicsville, MD, United States
Felt lazy and didn't want to get on the bike tonight but rode anyway. About 2200ft of climbing and 2 hrs ride time. Off my game a bit, but was still able to sucker-punch some hotshot millennial chicks into trying to catch me on the climb. Stayed just out of reach though while forcing the pace....old guys rule.:p Beautiful out tonight. Lots of pics on the way back down. Rode the Ibis today. Enjoy your rides all.
View attachment 1039911

View attachment 1039912

View attachment 1039927

View attachment 1039913
View attachment 1039914
This is the one of the Silver King Mine structures at 8000 feet elevation. The George Hearst family of the Hearst Castle fame started the Ontario Mine in the late 1800's producing $50 million in silver, which financed their families California Castle on the Central Coast. https://historicparkcityutah.com/news/park-citys-history
View attachment 1039915
The "Bonanza Mine" buildings nearby...
View attachment 1039925
So....You felt lazy, didn't want to ride, but did. You crush the young competition in a 2200 ft climb in a time approximate of 2 hours. That equals an average of 18.33 ft of climb per minute. WOW....I wonder what you would do, full of piss and vinegar? :p
Anyway great job. The history of Park City was very interesting. THX

tripple3

Riding Miles; Collecting Smiles
Sep 25, 2012
Beach Cities, CA 92708
Looks like a great way to spend the day off!! ;) What happened with the fishing pole you found this morning?
Someone said it looks like I'm trolling; I still have it.
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3072.jpg

That is a larger than normal sprocket on the back of that green Raleigh???
Yes! 22 tooth rear cog makes the ride easier; like newer bikes.
She is still riding the same gear on her 1959 Western Flyer; like a champ!
IMG_3002.JPG

A fresh Mt. Tam finisher with local legends @fat tire trader Loren, & @tryder

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
I took my '72 Varsity , which I switched the tour handlebars set up for the dropbars for a maiden trail ride today.
20190802_100702.jpg

Storms last night left all kinds of debris on trail. I moved a lot of limbs and stuff off the trail.
20190802_144026.jpg
20190802_125918.jpg

The end of the line today
20190802_125955.jpg

And no good deed goes unpunished
20190802_143019.jpg

A good ride none the less.

Balloonoob

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 24, 2019
Longmont Colorado
Another errand. Too lazy to pull out the Collegiate and hook up trailer. So I improvised with the bike already in driveway after running out of fuel while power washing deck.
‘32 Simmons

View attachment 1040173
Now you made sure to remove the strapping, set it on the ground to fill, fill, then put back on the bike with said strapping for safety reasons. Right? LOL.

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
Another errand. Too lazy to pull out the Collegiate and hook up trailer. So I improvised with the bike already in driveway after running out of fuel while power washing deck.
‘32 Simmons
DL134P-2.jpg

And I'm sure you had the correct placard displayed somewhere on your bike.:p.
I'm sure the fumes made for a great ride.:astonished:

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
So....You felt lazy, didn't want to ride, but did. You crush the young competition in a 2200 ft climb in a time approximate of 2 hours. That equals an average of 18.33 ft of climb per minute. WOW....I wonder what you would do, full of piss and vinegar? :p
Anyway great job. The history of Park City was very interesting. THX
Yes Sven, but I am already full of Piss & Vinegar. Advanced age does that to us. To be honest, these speedy gals caught me on the last 500 vertical to the top, not the entire 2200 feet. I was at 65% heart rate and then heard and saw them coming so ramped it up and dusted them. This particular climb to the summit takes me typically 1.25 hours, so you climb a bit faster than your calculations. The balance of time is spent descending, which is the real reward at the end of the climbs. A strong "average" pace with that kind of climbing and ride duration is around 7+mph up and down. A really fast death pace can go up to 7.8 to 8+mph average. which is race pace. Mid-year the legs stop hurting and it becomes a mental thing. I love to climb, and I will always embrace it as it is half of the sport. You climb for the reward, the down. It also sets you apart from the lift-serviced riders(increasing daily) and the now electrified/motorized MTB's that currently are threatening our communities trail system and lifestyle. It is quickly becoming a problem here and we are struggling with how to regulate them. Electric bikes are great, but belong on pavement for the most part. I live in paradise, so when I am down or feeling bad or sorta lazy I just pull myself up from the bootstraps, quit complaining and go ride. I eventually felt better 1/2 way up. Still hanging at 62 yrs of age and very proud of it. If any Cabers are travelling through the area, PM me and I can tour you around and/or provide a custom designed ride to match your style and capabilities. All comers welcome: Ride on mates! skpc
One more pic from last night.
IMG_0047.JPG

Last edited:

Mr. Monkeyarms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
Yes Sven, but I am already full of Piss & Vinegar. Advanced age does that to us. To be honest, these speedy gals caught me on the last 500 vertical to the top, not the entire 2200 feet. I was at 65% heart rate and then heard and saw them coming so ramped it up and dusted them. This particular climb to the summit takes me typically 1.25 hours, so you climb a bit faster than your calculations. The balance of time is spent descending, which is the real reward at the end of the climbs. A strong "average" pace with that kind of climbing and ride duration is around 7+mph up and down. A really fast death pace can go up to 7.8 to 8+mph average. which is race pace. Mid-year the legs stop hurting and it becomes a mental thing. I love to climb, and I will always embrace it as it is half of the sport. You climb for the reward, the down. It also sets you apart from the lift-serviced riders(increasing daily) and the now electrified/motorized MTB's that currently are threatening our communities trail system and lifestyle. It is quickly becoming a problem here and we are struggling with how to regulate them. Electric bikes are great, but belong on pavement for the most part. I live in paradise, so when I am down or feeling bad or sorta lazy I just pull myself up from the bootstraps, quit complaining and go ride. I eventually felt better 1/2 way up. Still hanging at 62 yrs of age and very proud of it. If any Cabers are travelling through the area, PM me and I can tour you around and/or provide a custom designed ride to match your style and capabilities. All comers welcome: Ride on mates! skpc
One more pic from last night.
View attachment 1040178
I couldn't agree more, Pete. Climbing is the best part of riding as far as I'm concerned. Especially on a mountain bike. (And you're in shape.;)) Races are won on the climbs! Personally, it's akin to a runners high. Once you get in rhythm with your cadence and breathing climbing is a blast and it's fun snapping the
legs off youngsters. :)

(Disclaimer: I would not try this right now due to my job keeping me off the bike the past few years. But I'm getting back little by little.)

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture