What bike did you ride today?

These ads go away when you register for an account!

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
Snow coming this evening, so I got out for a long ride in the cold air on the mtb. Colors are holding up……....few if anyone out on the trails in the chili temps although I did run into these two very large turkeys close to home. Quite a few BIG birds have recently migrated back after being shot out years ago. It's nice to have them coming back around into the area as hunting is no longer allowed.
IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

Last edited:

Bearclaw

Look Ma, No Hands!
Feb 23, 2017
Levittown, Pa. United States
Snow coming this evening, so I got out for a long ride in the cold air on the mtb. Colors are holding up……....few if anyone out on the trails in the chili temps although I did run into these two very large turkeys close to home. Quite a few BIG birds have recently migrated back after being shot out years ago. It's nice to have them coming back around into the area as hunting is no longer allowed.
View attachment 1076084

View attachment 1076085

View attachment 1076086

View attachment 1076087

View attachment 1076083
First off turkey don't migrate bad weather and predators kill more turkeys than any hunter ever did they were almost extinct in the early 1900's if it weren't for the conservation efforts and money from hunters there wouldn't be a single bird left in the country...

Reactions: lounging and weebob

Miq

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 12, 2019
Arizona
@Bearclaw you’re making punctuation extinct. How about a period or comma every once in a while? :p I’m glad the turkeys are back. It used to be a very rare occurrence to see them as a kid.

I fell asleep early w the kids last night. Pics from yesterday’s ride:
461102A0-6C61-4540-8B2F-8ED6213929C0.jpeg
55A67BE9-2801-456E-A3BD-76D2ED02D10A.jpeg
2AB23D8C-6019-4EC5-A2D6-40157EDD6E1C.jpeg

Last edited:

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
I've properly used the word "migrate" instead of "moved" when I was referencing our new residents. You can migrate locally as well..:p. First turkey I have seen in my backyard in 38yrs. The word is they have come over from Snake Creek to the south of here. Must have been the predators instead of other reasons eh?

Last edited:

Miq

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 12, 2019
Arizona
Interesting that the National Wild Turkey Federation is pretty clear that mating and environmental factors, NOT predation (killing by predators), determine the population growth:
1570715214842.png

Over population and environmental changes can drive the numbers back down too...

Gobble gobble....maybe I should have stayed asleep.

Last edited:

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
Most likely the populations are increasing south of here and they are migrating back in. They are definitely not introduced. We have plenty of predators and guns, but looming in front of them and more critical is surviving winter at elevation in the Wasatch. They were shot out locally here over the years I have been told by the wise oldsters, so the very fact they can survive this kind of trouble and continue on is amazing to me. Incredible.

Last edited:

tripple3

Riding Miles; Collecting Smiles
Sep 25, 2012
Beach Cities, CA 92708
Another great ride here on OC Beaches; 1940 Western Flyer HD, with Light For All carrier bag.
Super fun; 3 trips to the Wedge, and 2 to the Sunset Beach water tower; 1 loop with Marty @cyclingday on a awesome 1942 BF Goodrich.
IMG_5686.JPG
IMG_5697_2.JPG
IMG_5702.jpg
IMG_5704.JPG

Some longboarders hang here at 16.5 Tower in Bolsa Chica State Beach, and this the Infinity board that Art paddled into "The wave of the A.M. session.
Great guys that give me food sometimes.:D

IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5712_2.JPG
IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5731.JPG
IMG_5738.JPG
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5765.jpg

Pics don't do these rides any justice; it's far more awesome amazing than it looks!:eek:

piercer_99

I live for the CABE
Dec 27, 2015
Sanger, TX
Most likely the populations are increasing south of here and they are migrating back in. They are definitely not introduced. We have plenty of predators and guns, but looming in front of them and more critical is surviving winter at elevation in the Wasatch. They were shot out locally here over the years I have been told by the wise oldsters, so the very fact they can survive this kind of trouble and continue on is amazing to me. Incredible.
around here, it is wild hogs.

I would prefer turkeys, they are less dangerous when riding on back roads in the country.

Krakatoa

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 12, 2016
Warren, RI, United States
This lady cruised on by yestersday on her daughters flat black painted Schwinn...

Always great to see old bikes being useful. I am not sure of the significance of the 666 on the rear fender but she was friendly and let us get some pics!

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture