What bike did you ride today?

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Kramai88

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 24, 2016
Minooka IL
Finally got some free time from grandpa duties and sneaked out on my 11 mile ride on my 1973 Continental. Beautiful weather here, sunny and 73 for a very pleasant afternoon ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Aug 9, 2010
socal
Rode the San Gabrial river up to where the cement ends, where I spent many hours sense I was a kid, riding StingRays, 10 spds, Minibikes, Klunkers, Beach Cruisers, motorcycles, Mtn bikes now back to anything balloon. The stories I could tell and the trips, north to the mountains & south to the beach, That could fill a couple more threads, there wasn't a formal bike trail then so alot more work but way more adventure. there's alot of new snow and rain in the LA area but the dams are up, pic 2 shows rubber inflated dam ( with graffiti on it ) so water behind is soaking into the sandy bottom, pic 3 ( seat ) you can see the snow and that's where this river starts, and Mt Baldy ski resort is between those 2 trees, Our closest place to ski, and it 10,000 ft.

Last edited:

Tomato John

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 8, 2017
Spokane Washington
Winter afternoon ride on my 74 Le Tour in sunny 82F weather.

82f in the wintertime sounds so awesome-can’t imagine those kind of temps especially since I’ve spent every winter freezing. Would love that kind of weather once in awhile. Looks so nice.....

Reactions: Sven

Ernbar

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 12, 2019
Central Florida
82f in the wintertime sounds so awesome-can’t imagine those kind of temps especially since I’ve spent every winter freezing. Would love that kind of weather once in awhile. Looks so nice.....
The winters here in Central Florida are pretty mild. This morning it was like 60 but temps go up during the day. January and February are by average the coldest here sometimes dipping to the 30’s but it doesn’t last long.

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
Just under 60 on the Hawthorne Flyer today. Down the coast, up Newport Back Bay and San Diego Creek when I came up on Mike and Troy pedaling at my pace, so I joined them for 25+ miles. They showed me a sweet loop through Irvine with some climbing and new bike paths. Really fun riding with them but eventually parted ways and rode back out to the coast along the water north from the wedge to Bolsa Chica, then south again through Talbert Regional and home to some Blueberry Acai sorbet frozen reward. Bike rode trouble free & carried me well as expected. Most excellent pedal.
IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

Sachs Dreigang 515 3-coaster rear. Dixie cartridge bearing 9mm qr front w/ceramic bearing upgrade. World Class Ti spindle sq spindle bottom bracket.
I just reported on my first 7000+ mi run with loose-ball ceramic in steel cup-and-cone.

When I searched ceramic bearing on the forum, you and I have the only posts about ceramic bearings in the entire archive.

Last edited:

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
Yes, and the prices have come down quite a bit on just the loose balls. The cartridge bearings in the Hawthorne are ceramic ball with steel races.
Full ceramic balls and races is still pretty expensive. Apparently, they make a significant difference when tested over distances. Hard to feel much diff really, but the hub is smooth!. I have had no problem with mine either over some miles..

Reactions: bulldog1935

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
without trying to totally hijack this great thread, ceramic is microscopically smoother and much more homogeneous than steel (no texture or 2nd-phase particles of any kind). Ceramic balls should smooth out asperities on the steel surfaces, and without grooves to dig new ones.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!