When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Been dog sitting the last couple days so went for an evening cruise
IMG_7186.JPG
IMG_7187.JPG
IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7190.JPG

only posting this in this awesome classic steel company because I have a story to tell
In spite of the humidity this morning, we had a wonderful fast and cool-enough cloudy ride.
I get to brag I came in first in the halfway sprint - haven't done that in awhile - the lead group has been blowing my doors off.
But that's not the story.
I was first turning from Jones onto Broadway (another story, the SA Art Museum on Jones has a great medieval collection).

Karen was right behind me and a pickup truck on Broadway started blowing his horn at her, was diving to a stop in the lane beside us and reading her the riot act.
It's not like he needed more than two of the 7 lanes at 7am uptown on Sunday morning. I saw it in my helmet mirror and turned around in the lane in front of him. He then acted like he was going to run me over with more dive braking and bitching. Hey, dude, there's 40 of us right behind me. You should get out if you're such a man to pick on a woman.
That's Karen on the far right. She told me I was her hero when I turned around.
ZC2hses.jpg

I was on my Fast and Smooth Moser.
My friend Sandy and, oops....better ask Sandy our friend's name before I embarrass myself (I only embarrass myself once, I called Karen Janet this morning)
J5jji3y.jpg

And Karen's husband Robert on the right - she and Robert ride hard and are always in the lead group.
Sandy chased me 33 miles yesterday from upper Salado to the far southern end and back. I scraped her off pretty solid stretching my legs about mile 20, and she was tired at mile 26, but she finished solid. We saw an owl and two hawks on the lower trail (eagles winter there).
Today, Lou was on his beautiful Peugeot Corsa - coffee and raspberry danish. John rode his fixie and was first to coffee. He's usually in the lead group, but I think he arrived late this morning and caught us at halfway stop at the Alamodome.
ha5GHOG.jpg

Last edited:
Back