When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had a small collection of three non-working Schwinns sitting in the basement, all were purchased at garage sales for parts at about 10$ a piece. This weekend I decided to piece together this Le Tour. The original wheels that came with the bike were trashed, so I substituted a set off another Schwinn that had a twisted derailleur, and borrowed a set of serviceable tires off another, and replaced all the cables. The frame was a little larger than I typically ride, so I also swapped out to a shorter stem.

The end result is a really nice fit, off of a very small investment. Tonight it got a wash, and was hung up to dry (literally).

1.JPG

Once dry, it got some lube and I took it out for a spin. I'm really liking the way this one fits and rides. My last drop bar bike was a old big tube Cannondale. The frame on the Cannondale ultimately cracked about a year ago.

After riding this Le Tour, I think this might be my first drop bar bike that is actually comfortable for me to ride. (most likely due to the larger sized frame), I never really liked drop bars before, and always found them to be uncomfortable. The steel frame also rides much nicer than my past aluminum framed Cannondale. Tonight I wasn't expecting to enjoy this one as much as I did. I ended up spending about 80 minutes on it just cruising around the neighborhood. Its now my fastest most efficient bike, I really like it!

I think I'm going to invest in a new set of tires, and some bar wrap (Right now I just temporarily wrapped it up with some hockey tape), and eventually maybe track down some aluminum rims and call it a keeper.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Last edited:
Cool dog, about 25 years ago I had a Staffordshire Terrier / Great Dane Mix with nearly the exact same colors and head shape. It's coat looked very similar. Unfortunately it was very aggressive. My parents have since had two more similar Pit Type Terriers that are and were really great dogs. They currently have a red nose pit that is very even tempered, and absolutely loves all people. Do you know what yours is, is it a Stradfordshire mix with something that brought in the longer ears?

Last edited:
Cool dog, about 25 years ago I had a Staffordshire Terrier / Great Dane Mix with nearly the exact same colors and head shape. It's coat looked very similar. Unfortunately it was very aggressive. My parents have since had two more similar Pit Type Terriers that are and were really great dogs. They currently have a red nose pit that is very even tempered, and absolutely loves all people. Do you know what yours is, is it a Stradfordshire mix with something that brought in the longer ears?
Hi,
Thank you. She is a lot of fun.
She can be a bit pushy but for the most part she is very playful and friendly. I was told by the shelter that she and her brother are Border Collie and Blue Heeler mixes. A lot of people ask me is she is a Mcnab. My guess is that she is some sort of border collie, cattle dog and terrier mix.

IMG_20170925_134207.jpg

Back