When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Have ya ever rode a Monarch Super Twin without the motor! Not to bad, except for the size of that sprocket!

22308964_1748452748791420_8645019597454729154_n.jpg

Got my 1912 Iver fork back with a new stem installed to "last another 100 years" and headed to the bike path to get some foliage shots. It lasted about ten feet before the new part broke, thankfully not completely, so saving me a trip to a dental surgeon. Nevertheless, much swearing was engaged and by the time I got back, it was getting dark, so I decided to finally finish tuning Interrobang to take it for a ride. Too dark to get an outdoor photo, but here's a couple of lousy photos of it just before I went up and down the street to try it out and its temporary living room berth when I got back.

22308818_10155222579388191_632741912623725016_n.jpg

22405863_10155222583903191_8162502866096747903_n.jpg

Loving "Interrobang", why the name?

I'm a writer (if you believe it), so it's to bring awareness to a useful punctuation that is usually excluded in font collections and print and I think it also sums up the questioning and complimentary reactions I expect to get, particularly when it's finally completed in MkII format (This will include a retro 50s/60s back rest and fairing for computer and sketch book storage and taillights like rocket exhaust that mirror the headlights. The taillights will also work as indicators.). It's got crossbar handlebars where the crossbar is bolted to the stem, the shifter is the dial on top of the tank, and it's a cruiser frame with a 3-speed coaster brake IGH and a disc brake, so its just a weird mix of things.

Its been wet the last few days. Last night I put this Schwinn Suburban together and used a riser bar for a high upright seating position (The handle bar assembly and seat was missing when I purchased it).

I plan to get all my project bikes built up before winter comes. After this one I just have two more to go, and then I'm out of projects. Once there all in ride-able condition, I will decide which ones I want to keep, and will let the others go to make some room for some nicer / and hopefully older ones. Before I joined this site, I was purchasing bikes at garage sales whenever I found them. In the future I plan to be more selective.

I have been itching to get this one out, and decided to take it out tonight in the wet weather. The rain slowed down enough for a quick spin. My camera flash captured a few of the rain droplets, and made them look like snow. I still have lots of cleanup work to do on this one, but was happy with the way it rode. I really enjoy riding these vintage Schwinn road bikes!

Edit: I forgot to mention, on the way back home I almost hit a skunk, it ran across the street, and I was going a little faster than I should have, the steel rims were wet, and my breaking was slowed (especially with the older pads). Luckily it did not spray.

IMG_2165.JPG

The gifted Mountain Bike in my last post on the previous page was well received. Earlier this year the same guy gave me another older bike for parts, he was going to toss it and asked me If I wanted it. The bike I gave him for his birthday was in a way payback.

Last edited:
Back