When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
20180203_120531.jpg
nice late afternoon spin in sunset beach

Yea !!! - broke 100 mi for the week, first time this winter - 42 of them today.
Yesterday, Sandy and I took off at 10am - 48 degrees, and wasn't supposed to be raining, but we had a cold mist in our face the whole way.
Decided after 12 mi, exposure + exhaustion was a bad idea, so we turned around, the closest Thai restaurant (one block off the trail and Lou's recommendation) still wanted 20 min to open, which we were not going to suffer, so we pedaled back to the trailhead, loaded bikes in our cars, and drove to Guajillos - the 2nd best Mexico food in San Antonio - and that's saying something. We both had the mahi in red ancho pepper sauce - cut a slice with your fork, wrap in a corn tortilla and dip it in the sauce - to die for - maybe the best meal I've ever eaten. In fact, if you ever have to request a last meal, this should be it.

Today it hit 80, but we started off at 46 and humid - it was as cold as yesterday's exposure ride.
Sunrise at the Alamodome. I came in 4th in the lead group on the downtown sprint, and told them factoring in the years above and below the saddle (120 total) - I won.
That's Randi in the center of the photo - more below.
1IrIJ4Y.jpg

Coffee stop on the way back - I love this window dressing with the penny-farthing - I think that's John riding it.
Sweet Randi (female), who hasn't ridden with us this cold winter - bought my cappuccino and pastry - it was gratitude for the last time she rode with us - spread across the pavement in the rain and broke her RD. I had pedaled back to my truck, and picked her up in the monsoon rain that developed in the mean time.
wd2LCw7.jpg

Lou and his holy-grail Charrel
a2xWVuN.jpg

John was happy for the sun breaking out
akYAMqx.jpg

After the coffee group returned to Alamo Heights, I drove up Nachodoches to meet Steve at Lady Bird trailhead, and we did lower Salado greenway.
Steve's riding his Dahon Tournado, which is a fine bike. Aside from being a great tour bike, it fits in a large suitcase to check as baggage - the American Classic hubs on this bike are the only I've ever seen that could out-roll both my Phil and C-Record hubsets.
DgKvNen.jpg

I was getting famished, and we made the detour several miles up Austin Highway to eat lunch at Tong's Thai. This place makes the most perfect stir-fried glass noodles of any except Thai Spice in Corpus - and that would be too far to go for lunch. Thoughtful Steve - we managed to get a Pad Thai in three of those little cardboard boxes into his front trunk bag - for him to take to his ailing wife (the flu - that's why we didn't have homebrew and 9-ball today).
Steve and I have been riding bikes together since 6th grade.
See y'all later - I'm going to take a nap.

Last edited:
Yea !!! - broke 100 mi for the week, first time this winter - 42 of them today.
Yesterday, Sandy and I took off at 10am - 48 degrees, and wasn't supposed to be raining, but we had a cold mist in our face the whole way.
Decided after 12 mi, exposure + exhaustion was a bad idea, so we turned around, the closest Thai restaurant (one block off the trail and Lou's recommendation) still wanted 20 min to open, which we were not going to suffer, so we pedaled back to the trailhead, loaded bikes in our cars, and drove to Guajillos - the 2nd best Mexico food in San Antonio - and that's saying something. We both had the mahi in red ancho pepper sauce - cut a slice with your fork, wrap in a corn tortilla and dip it in the sauce - to die for - maybe the best meal I've ever eaten. .

Today it hit 80, but we started off at 46 and humid - it was as cold as yesterday's exposure ride.
Sunrise at the Alamodome. I came in 4th in the lead group on the downtown sprint, and told them factoring in the years above and below the saddle (120 total) - I won.
That's Randi in the center of the photo - more below.
View attachment 748474
Coffee stop on the way back - I love this window dressing with the penny-farthing - I think that's John riding it.
Sweet Randi (female), who hasn't ridden with us this cold winter - bought my cappuccino and pastry - it was gratitude for the last time she rode with us - spread across the pavement in the rain and broke her RD. I had pedaled back to my truck, and picked her up in the monsoon rain that developed in the mean time.
View attachment 748475
Lou and his holy-grail Charrel
View attachment 748476
John was happy for the sun breaking out
View attachment 748477
After the coffee group returned to Alamo Heights, I drove up Nachodoches to meet Steve at Lady Bird trailhead, and we did lower Salado greenway.
Steve's riding his Dahon Tournado, which is a fine bike. Aside from being a great tour bike, it fits in a large suitcase to check as baggage - the American Classic hubs on this bike are the only I've ever seen that could out-roll both my Phil and C-Record hubsets.
View attachment 748478
I was getting famished, and we made the detour several miles up Austin Highway to eat lunch at Tong's Thai. This place makes the most perfect stir-fried glass noodles of any except Thai Spice in Corpus - and that would be too far to go for lunch.
See y'all later - I'm going to take a nap.
Great story and great photos.

Back