When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just came back in from a nice spring ride...lol! March 24, 2018 at 5pm, snowing and 30 degrees in Edinburgh, Indiana.
DSCN2740.JPG

I have photos worth posting today.
First, got my 100 this week, and Randi and I had a great ride yesterday - she chased me 35 greenway miles and did respectably well in my favorite stretch-out climb; stop for great Thai food at mile 28. Seems to be really good Thai, but tough to say after you've just burned 2000 calories - it may be terrible and we'd never know it. The cucumber soup stands out, and the fish sauce was so good we were dipping lettuce in it to keep grazing.

Meeting again before dawn this morning, asked Randi if she was mad at me for yesterday. Said no, she felt great, but was too tired to do anything else yesterday.
Blasting through Breckenridge Park in the dark this morning, the blooming Texas lilac smelled like honey.
This morning we couldn't get to the Alamodome because of Final Four, so we changed the sprint route just a bit to land nextdoor at Sunset Station.
I finished 3rd in a very aggressive and tight lead group, and of course John was number 1. Not too condescending, John asked me if I had been eating my wheaties - no, I blame my reserve strength on Miss Annie's Pecan Brittle (he doesn't remember I smoked him last week on my '74 International).
DqFZk0z.jpg

That's the Alamodome in the back (I analyzed weld failures on the suspension gussets when it was under construction - they changed the design from bad welds to good bolts)
CDxuNOH.jpg

1klP0sp.jpg

Sherrie and Randi
CcBs50W.jpg

Ed debuted his 30s Durkopp track bike, and Tad on his pretty chrome Lygie
7rvTzYm.jpg

a good group joined us for coffee
8t0bTr2.jpg

Francesca looking sharp in her Italian shoes
4oc6umK.jpg

when we were arriving for coffee, another bike boom classic arrived - late-70s/early-80s Fuji Supreme
fgQtexV.jpg

I got some decent photos of Ed's new beauty
uU9Pe3N.jpg

iuA2MZI.jpg

S0T5cvC.jpg

wood rims, red anodized hubs (yes, they did that in the 30s) with flip-top oil port, soldered spokes
73tSkvK.jpg

sexy drivetrain
mQl3uKD.jpg

didn't get good photos of Tad's Lygie, and sorry, my attempted macro of the solid-link chain on the 30s Durkopp didn't get focus.
Hopefully Ed will post good shots on Lightweights.
When we left the coffee it turned cold and light rain - wasn't supposed to happen, so I got back in the zone to keep warm and blew everyone away climbing back to Alamo Heights.

Last edited:
Rode my J C Higgins 3-speed for the first time. Just finished rehabbing it this afternoon. Rescued it from a collection of dusty rustys sitting around in an old garage. It was pretty bare when I got it. No chainguard, no fenders, no grips, no shifter, no shifter cable and indicator rod. Decided to leave it stripped down. Added the silver chain for sparkle. Figured with that chainwheel I don't need no chainguard covering it. Nice rider.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back