When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
7A17802F-03F3-4C5E-8814-A1545749BB6B.jpeg

Okay, I gotta see pics of you riding that :sweatsmile:

here's my '57 Lenton parked over Salado marsh, dry as a bone last month.
HqHHpRK.jpg

Good news, yesterday's monsoon rain washed down the oak pollen.
Bad news, Salado marsh today was deeper than I've ever seen it. I made it through the portage trail at the bottom of Salado mound switchbacks, but when when I got to the boardwalk, about 100 yards of the boardwalk beneath Nachodoches road was under water, ending my ride south.
This photo was shot at about the same landing as the photo above, but looking 180 degrees away.
G9H6Dkw.jpg

It's ok, I made lemons into lemonade. Had to turn around here, had to walk the bike across a few giant chert piles from the flood wash, of course take the portage trail again at Salado mound.
A work crew was already out clearing logs and chert from the trail.
I added two side trails to two other parks and managed to get 20 miles. And yes, had some mud to deal with when I got home.
One cool thing, along the boardwalk I saw several large tailing carp that had washed into the marsh - too bad I didn't have a fly rod. The main channel parallels the boardwark, so the big fish were right beside me.
The ducks and herons were loving it, too - sorry I didn't aim my phone at them.
Still, I love the adventure of checking out the greenway the day after a flood...

ps - if you ever need to clean your bike, Finish Line spray bike wash is da bomb
g?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdkkd2D8Y8UnX4SROVX688etfFZ7CPgVoKfnQh3tBTjamIMdPvB0U5n_9ouQIww-U8uBbd2H0&usqp=CAY.jpg

Last edited:
Back