When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
First warm day after a long cold winter, it's currently a toasty 54 degrees.

I just took out my longest owned bike for a ride. This refirbished Schwinn Varsity and I have been cruising local neighborhoods together off and on since the early 80's.

1.JPG

2.JPG

I usually do not get this one all muddied up anymore, but I thought it was fitting for me to take it out today. It was a great way to start off a new season of warmer weather.

Edit: The snow is melting fast, so I had to pic out oportunities to sneak in photos along parking lots to capture the last of it.

Note: Those with a keen eye may notice it does not have a welded on kick stand mount. That was ground off when it was referbished as this is a never sell bike do to setimental reasons. Before the decision was made to try and make it look decent it still almost got tossed into the trash, It was really that bad. I now tell people it used to be colored red and rust.

Last edited:
I’ve done those long drives just to pick up a bike.
Talk about distracted driving!
You’re looking in the rear view mirror the whole time, just so that you can check out your bad ass new/old bike. Lol!
Congrats, Tyler!
It looks like you got a nice one there.

Hahahahahahahaha!:p Catch myself checking the mirror too on the way home with a find. Or turn around at a stop light to look at something I didn't think to look at before buying while waiting, only to have people honking because the car in front of me has been gone for a minute...:flushed:

Hahahahahahahaha!:p Catch myself checking the mirror too on the way home with a find. Or turn around at a stop light to look at something I didn't think to look at before buying while waiting, only to have people honking because the car in front of me has been gone for a minute...:flushed:
I did that on the freeway last weekend in the rain coming back from LA doing 85 in the fast lane, found I had drifted into the carpool lane! Had to look.... hahaha

Back