When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
b434635954cd732d168c2b3c74ac1b0d.jpg
86fef2bbdd3fc1ed7ba9a23e5598961b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A brisk 40 degrees at our before-dawn start this morning, with mercifully low humidity, and two pleasant surprises.
9YMhufR.jpg

Lou showed up, which almost never happens when it's cold.
Lou and I left the pack and joined powerful Chris early in the 7-mi Alamodome sprint.
Chris and I scraped off Lou on Broadway, and I think Chris backed off on the Chavez stretch, and somehow I got there first.
Lou's Tommasini has a fan in Chris, and the pearl paint still makes it tough to photograph.
Lou has the long-cage Chorus on his triple, and I have the short-cage.
tUH1Jul.jpg

But the really pleasant surprise, Tad showed up this morning before we took off, and was waiting for us at coffee.
Tad's knee blew out on him from a very old injury, he had surgery, and I learned he got out on a bike a bit this week.
(next week, Lou plans to bring his E-bike for Tad to make the ride)
But today, this was Tad's ride next to mine.
lPE33ty.jpg

Smiling Tad, as always
uT3Th0m.jpg

Great coffee group this morning. Lou finally wearing layers for the weather.
Randi's going to be leaving us for a Peace Corps medical job in DC.
Young Thomas home from the army on leave.
And Tad was laughing on the two I shot before this, but the focus on those was worse than this one...
JWh6zgl.jpg

Last edited:
Out for a Sunday afternoon spin on the 'Rochester'.
Headed out of Wallingford, across the Thames, through Crowmarsh and Benson, and into the village of Ewelme.
Ewelme is home to some great medieval buildings, a reflection of the very wealthy nobles who resided here in the past.
Outside the village primary school, founded in 1437 and the oldest continuously functioning school in England.....
WP_20190317_14_10_13_Pro (3).jpg

Undergoing sympathetic repairs at present
Outside St Mary the Virgin parish church, the only church I know with castellation's, also dating from the 15th. Century, but much earlier parts inside.....
WP_20190317_14_13_26_Pro (3).jpg

On the way back through the village, I stopped to admire the old Watercress beds, fed by a chalk spring and now a nature reserve, just beautiful!
WP_20190317_14_18_50_Pro (3).jpg

WP_20190317_14_19_00_Pro (3).jpg

Got caught up in two short, but very sharp hailstorms on the way home. Like cold needles being fired at my balding pate!
Happy riding!

Back