When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Slapped a new seat on my 62
And took it for a spin. I didn’t die but the hills hurt [emoji851]
074261d8222a4f98882e735bffdf4843.jpg
bf330f51fe0d5d22876da7c5c67d4ab1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A brisk 40 degrees at our before-dawn start this morning, with mercifully low humidity, and two pleasant surprises.
View attachment 965825
Lou showed up, which almost never happens when it's cold.
Lou and I left the pack and joined powerful Chris early in the 7-mi Alamodome sprint.
Chris and I scraped off Lou on Broadway, and I think Chris backed off on the Chavez stretch, and somehow I got there first.
Lou's Tommasini has a fan in Chris, and the pearl paint still makes it tough to photograph.
Lou has the long-cage Chorus on his triple, and I have the short-cage.
View attachment 965826
But the really pleasant surprise, Tad showed up this morning before we took off, and was waiting for us at coffee.
Tad's knee blew out on him from a very old injury, he had surgery, and I learned he got out on a bike a bit this week.
(next week, Lou plans to bring his E-bike for Tad to make the ride)
But today, this was Tad's ride next to mine.
View attachment 965827
Smiling Tad, as always
View attachment 965828
Great coffee group this morning. Lou finally wearing layers for the weather.
Randi's going to be leaving us for a Peace Corps medical job in DC.
Young Thomas home from the army on leave.
And Tad was laughing on the two I shot before this, but the focus on those was worse than this one...
View attachment 965829

I captured this photo of Ron (Bulldog1935) this morning as he crossed over the river walk. Ron was going by fast and was a blur.

4F5FC219-6402-497E-A7A8-2AE4978F9905.jpeg

Last edited:
hey bro, thanks, that's awesome - Chris was a half-block ahead of me there. I caught up with him within 3 blocks, and turned ahead of him on Chavez.
Side by side on Chavez, he told me I was having as much fun as a kid, and said he thought he was the only one who had that much fun on a bike.

my under-bag light mount works pretty cool
YOndBW7.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful day for a ride on the '38 Schwinn Model C. Been slowly building it up. Still have a ways to go, before it's finished, but plenty ready to ride. Bolted on the Autocycle Fenders this morning, and took it for a spin. Rides like a dream!

Sunny, blue sky, 42° and no polar vortex in sight. Still some snow and ice at the waterline, but the roads are clear. Perfect day for a ride down to the beach!

2019-03-17 17.57.23.jpg

2019-03-17 18.05.02.jpg

Back