When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
@Cory sent me a text to see if I was riding; yes; soon.
"I'm having a hard time deciding between Elgin and Velvet."
Cory text Elgin; so I rode it again.
IMG_0564.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG

we went to both piers in NP, then I rode on from the River Trail to Sunset Beach.

IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0593.JPG

I stopped in to give Mom hugs and hang-out for a bit before heading back home.
Another great ride along the OC Beaches.

Dude, you are going to ride the wheels off of that bike.

I have worn out the bottom bracket on this bike before.
I really don't do well with maintenance.
Damn! Five tacos! Thanks for the pics.hopefully im there next month.
I had a hard time finishing that pile.
I think the cook recognizes me and is "Hookin' me up".:cool:

It’s hard to imagine @tripple3 riding all the way there and back each month.
That guy gets the perpetual who rode the farthest award.
Anybody is welcome to ride with me. I miss @Hippie Mike
Most often lately it is Jim @Jimmy V , comes out from Michigan to Enjoy the Ride.

@tripple3 Your constant motion on two wheels is inspiring. :)
Thank you. I hope to inspire others.
The more I ride, the more I love it.
I move along; but often I'm weaving back and forth, carving like a long-boarder, honkin' my horn and smiling at everybody I see.
I got the call to work tomorrow, so I will ride my bike to the shop shining "Light for All".
Looking forward to my ride home after work.:D
IMG_0549.JPG

1st pic of this mornings ride.

Another horrible day here in the oside, Cali! Decided to take out the mystery machine for a burn..... not to bad for a shabby never seen before Mead badged and stamped paint holder!! LoL Suns out here and the buns were out!!!
IMG_20190408_142603785.jpg

IMG_20190408_135353008.jpg

IMG_20190408_142551342.jpg

Sorry fellas, no bun shots.....in another thread...ha

I have worn out the bottom bracket on this bike before.
I really don't do well with maintenance.

I had a hard time finishing that pile.
I think the cook recognizes me and is "Hookin' me up".:cool:

Anybody is welcome to ride with me. I miss @Hippie Mike
Most often lately it is Jim @Jimmy V , comes out from Michigan to Enjoy the Ride.

Thank you. I hope to inspire others.
The more I ride, the more I love it.
I move along; but often I'm weaving back and forth, carving like a long-boarder, honkin' my horn and smiling at everybody I see.
I got the call to work tomorrow, so I will ride my bike to the shop shining "Light for All".
Looking forward to my ride home after work.:D
View attachment 977347
1st pic of this mornings ride.

I miss riding Huntington / Sunset Beaches. I lived right off of Goldenwest and PCH for a lot of years after high school, my old Huffy Good Vibrations logged many miles in that stretch.

First time I ever saw someone get a DUI on a bike was on the north side of the pier. :)

20190331_181031.jpg

cali tag.jpg

This is how it looked, well in much better shape when I came out to Texas. Then I had my accident and couldn't ride for about 8 years and it went to hell.

out of the barn.jpg

Rode 17 miles on the Three Notch right before the big rains hit
20190408_151639.jpg
20190408_151933.jpg

This is a trail sign picture showing one of the " locomotives" used on the line. A truck with a flat car built around it.
It would be a unique kitbash project in HO scale.
20190404_090656.jpg

20190408_174225.jpg

Stopped by the library to fill up my water jug
20190408_161842.jpg

Whistle marker - woo woo
20190408_174140.jpg

Reserved parking for the Amish
20190408_174114.jpg

Real horse power...Amish farmer discing the field
20190408_174035.jpg
20190408_173638.jpg

Great ride. Great that I beat the rains just in time

Last edited:
After selling one this weekend, I had to pick out the next one I'm going to try and move out. I selected the one that least fit my current needs and interests. I waxed the paint, and performed a spring time lube / tune up. Once that was done I gave it one last night spin to make sure everything was going to be good for whoever is going to be its next owner.

A 90s era Pepsi Point Bike.
IMG_6219.JPG

IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6233.JPG

I also checked the bike registry. Thats something I always do now before both purchasing and listing. Last year after a buyer and I agreed to a sale, the buyer pulled out a badge. Luckily everything checked out, but before that happened I was not as carefull in validation before a purchase and also a listing.

The best thing to do is is check it before you buy it. I never once found one yet that I was intersted in that was also listed as stolen. But when you find bikes at flea markets craigslist, and garrage sales like I do. Its definately something you should always check, as you may not have a receipt to prove your innocence if you find yourself in a similar situation I encountered.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to make it back to Rhode Island to finish the East Bay Trail from Warren to Providence this fall ( early October ). My brother-in- law, Bill started late in the afternoon from Warrren, riding to Bristol.Then we stopped to have some refreshments at the Beach House. When we hit the trail , daylight was almost done. We had to catch the Block Island ferry in the morning.

Would like to do the Eastern trail in Maine as well.

Last edited:
Back